This is the tutorial which explains how to root Sony Xperia 2011 devices which is running on ICS 4.0.4 Operating System.
This method is working on both locked and unlocked bootloader. So, don’t worry about that. Although, the Bootloader Unlocking Allowed Status showed it as “No” you can still root your phone by following the given below procedure.
It is highly recommended to backup all your data’s before get into this procedure. So, then if any thing goes wrong while implementing this procedure on your device, you can easily get them back.
Disclaimer : Please follow the given below procedure at your own risk. I would not be held responsible for any damage occur to your device.
Step by step instructions:
1. First go to settings > security and mark the “Unknown sources” as given in the below picture.
2. After that again go to settings > development and enable the “USB debugging option” as I have given in the below picture. Make sure the options are disabled.
3. Again go to Settings > Xperia > Connectivity and mark the “USB connection mode” option and “Auto Connect in MSC option”.
4. To implement this procedure you need to have Flashtool.
5. Next download the appropriate 4.1.A.0.562 kernel to flash:
LwW, Mini- Kernel
All other users- Kernelor even try the kernels for Arc S and Ray
6. Next go to C:/Drive > flashtool > firmwares > delete everything present and Put the Kernel.
7. Next run the flashtool click on the flashing icon (left side below “file option”).
8. Next select the flashmode and give OK.
9. Make sure the setup is same as given below and click OK.
10. Follow the steps connect your phone and then flash (Make sure you close the flashtool before running the rooting toolkit)
11. After that connect your phone to the computer and root your phone. Here is the toolkit to root your phone.
12. After running the toolkit disconnect your mobile from USB, pull out the battery and wait for 10-15 seconds.
13. Then insert the battery again. After that hold the Volume Down button and then connect to the computer using USB.
14. Again download the appropriate kernel based on your phone model.
Arc S – Kernel
Mini – Kernel
Arc – Kernel
Neo – Kernel
Pro – Kernel
Active – Kernel
Ray – Kernel
Neo V – Kernel
Mini Pro – Kernel
Live with Walkman – Kernel
15. Finally, flash the kernel (Follow the same procedure to flash the kernel as I have mentioned in 6th and 7th step).
That’s it! Now, your device was rooted. Enjoy!