If you are a Samsung Galaxy Star Duos (GT-S5280/GT-S5282) user and want to root your device, to enjoy more on your mobile, just follow this tutorial. Rooting the android phone, helps you to customize the android phone. Moreover, it helps to increase the speed and performance of your phone. So, by following this procedure just root your phone and enjoy more rooting features.
1.Before start with the procedure, first make sure about your device model number, applying this procedure in any incompatible device will brick your phone. So, first check your model number.
2.Please be aware that rooting your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos will void the manufacturer warranty of your phone.
3.Do full backup of your internal data’s with the help of backup applications, because rooting procedure will erase all your data’s. If you have a backup you can easily restore them.
4.Next enable the USB debugging option in your phone by navigating to the path Settings>Developer Options. If you are unable to find that option, just scroll down to About Phone tab and tap the build number for about 7 times. It will enable the USB debugging option on your phone. After than download Samsung USB Driver for your smartphone and install it in your computer.
5.Finally, charge your phone fully before try to root your device. In case, if it is switched OFF during the middle of the process, due to low battery it will brick your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. We would not be held responsible for any damage occurring to your device.
Procedure To Root Samsung Galaxy Star Duos:
1.Initially, you need to download the Root Package. So, first download that from here.
2.After you have downloaded the file, just extract them on your desktop.
3.Now, connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable, at this point just be sure you have installed the USB driver into your computer already.
4.In case, if you have not installed the driver, do that immediately.
5.After that come here and run the impactor.exe.
6.Then ensure that you have got the same option as shown in the given below image and your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos is connected in your computer correctly.
7.After that click the start button to initiate flashing the root exploit on your phone.
8.Once the process is completed, open the Google Play Store app on your phone, download and install the SuperSU and BusyBox application in your phone.
9.That’s it! Now you have root access on your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos (GT-S5280/GT-S5282) smartphone.
10.To check you have successfully followed all the steps, go to Google Play Store again and download the Root Checker app and verify the root access.
Once that app said, you have rooted your phone, you can install root-accessing apps on your phone. You can even flash the CWM recovery or TWRP recovery, it helps to flash the custom ROM on your phone.
1) If you get “Signature bugs unavailable” error using the above method, then follow this method. The reason you are getting that error is because that the above method will work only on older firmware versions and for updated firmware versions, we can’t use it.
2) To get started, Download ODIN, recovery image and Super SU to your computer. Once done, install Odin in your computer. Now connect your device to the computer using USB data cable and transfer the SuperSU app into the device’s SD card. Once done, switch off your device.
3) Now boot your device into the download mode by pressing and holding the power, volume down and home key simultaneously. Once you are in download mode connect your device to the computer. If you have installed Samsung USB drivers properly in your computer, Odin will identify your device and the COM:ID will turn yellow.
4) Next, press the PDA button in Odin and select the recovery.img file which you have downloaded into the computer. Once selected, press “Start” to flash the recovery image. Once the flashing is over, disconnect your device from the computer.
5) Now boot your device into the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Up and Home button. Now in recovery mode, flash the SuperSU zip file.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos Android smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial do let me know via comments.