Samsung Galaxy Note 2 had a recent update and it was launched with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as underlying operating system (XXUEML2). So if you have rooted and had an installation of this latest firmware, then you shall be looking forward to root N7105XXUEML2 Android Jelly Bean 4.3 firmware that is running on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105.
In this tutorial, it will be shown as to how to root XXUEML2 Android 4.3 Firmware on the Samsung Note 2 N7105 phone model.
It is the essence of the hardware device to completely provide access to the underlying system files and folders all the way up to the root level. This also allows room for complete hardware utilization as well as the scope to eliminate the limitation that comes from the stock firmware.
It is also possible to overclock and under clock the CPU cycles, set CPU profiles and auto set it to pick a particular CPU profile as per the usage of the phone etc. You can also make use of various MODs as well as other apps that ask for accessing root permissions. Let us take a look at pre-requisites and then procedure for rooting on Samsung Note 2 N7105.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Note 2 GT-N7105
- It is absolutely essential for every root process to take a complete backup of the system data. Root process in itself does not erase the memory, however, it is always recommended that you make provision for nasty unforeseen situations and avoid data loss.
- Make sure that the device is powered up sufficiently. A good backup power percentage of 80-90% is considered safe. You never know how long rooting takes on your phone and you need to ensure enough power for accommodation of additional time if rooting process gets delayed due to some looping.
- Make sure that you install a fully functional and working device driver on your laptop or PC so that there is uninterruptable communication between your host computer device and your Note 2 during the rooting process.
- Go to Settings -> Development -> Android Debugging and enable Android Debugging option. This will enable the file transfer between your PC and Note 2 device to ensure proper rooting process.
Procedure to root Samsung note 2GT-N7105
- You need to download the Odin v 3.09 and root file for N7105XXUEML2 for beginning this root process. Links are available here for Odin and this one for root file.
- Extract the CF-Root zip file that you have downloaded earlier from the link given above. You will also get a .tar.md5 file.
- Then extract the Odin zip file and you shall get the executable version 3.09 along with few other files.
- Now do power off the Samsung Note 2 N7105 device. Wait till the phone is switched off completely. This is post 5-6 seconds of vibration.
- Now you have to put the Note 2 N7105 in download mode. This can be done by pressing and holding down Volume Down button along with the Power button. Once a warning screen comes up, press Volume Up button to enter the Download mode.
- Now you can run Odin v 3.09 executable file as an Adminisrator because you need to have the Admin privileges to run rooting process.
- Now connect your device to your PC with the USB cable. You see an acknowledgement message about your phone connected to your PC on the PC screen like “Added” message. Use different USB port if you don’t see this happening. You should also see the COM port number in Yellow font in case the connection is successfult.
- Now click the AP button and select that .tar.md5 file that was discussed above in step no. 2.
- In the Odin window, please make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Once everything is double-checked and you’re ready to go, then press the START button to commence the flashing process.
- Upon flashing, your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 will restart and you shall be acknowledged with a PASS message having a green background. This will be seen at the left most box at the very top of the Odin screen. Now you can unplug the USB cable and disconnect your device from computer.