Usually you can find updates for Samsung Galaxy s6790 via Samsung Kies, but if you find out that updates are not directly being provided then you can update your handset manually to latest official XXAMI3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware using the tutorial given here. The latest firmware build version is S6790XXAMI3.
The following tutorial will help you to upgrade your device to the latest Android 4.1.2 XXAMI3 through Odin.
Tutorial To Update Galaxy Fame Lite With Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Before starting rooting process, make sure that your handset bears at least half of its battery cells i.e. 50 % and must ensure that USB debugging mode is enabled. Create backup of all data as a reservoir of useful information.
Plug your Samsung galaxy in PC with genuine USB cable in off mode and perform each of the following step one by one.
2) Bring your Galaxy Fame in Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons so that a pop up dialogue box will appear. Now press Volume Up key in order to proceed towards Download Mode.
3) Right click on Odin3 v3.07.exe file and select option of Run as an administrator
4) In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box.
5) Must ensure that Reset time & Automatic reboot options are checked.
6) Create a folder of extracted firmware file and locate the file .tar.md5 in these files.
7) In Odin screen, click on PDA button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
8) Now, Start the installation process and wait as this process will take few moments.
9) Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background.
10) That’s it. Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy Fame Lite with Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean firmware.
Enjoy latest apps on your smart phone after successful installation.