We are going to acquaint our users with a rooting setup after which user can indefinitely run latest apps on his smart phone. If you own Sony Xperia SP and its built-in firmware started gravelling you then hold your ground guys, as we are going to let you know how to update your Sony Xperia to latest firmware 12.0.A.2.254.
To update Sony Xperia smart phone with this latest firmware aforementioned, we have to go through a process known as Rooting. This procedure voids warranty & when we start rooting apps tend to get moved from internal storage to memory card because we modify system files to do so, therefore it is advisable that get your smartphone ‘backup-ed’ before rooting.
Steps To Root Sony Xperia SP 12.0.A.2.254:
- First install Flashtool which is an executable file. Extract files from Root package archive to your PC.
- Now click on installed Flashtool program then apply first icon command named as thunder icon for choosing Old kernel.
- Connect Sony Xperia with PC in turn off mode.
- Start flashing Kernel by pressing & holding Back button on device after device has been plugged into PC.
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled by going in Development option which you can find in Settings, an icon of which is present in menu bar.
- Now search runme_win.bat on PC and open it to complete process of root as described in opened dialogue box step by step.
Reboot the device and to flash new kernel, repeat the same procedure as you have done with old kernel.
Cheers, Root procedure has been completed successfully.