The usage of high-end devices is always with a basic and silent motive of being able to use all the best possible and available apps without any technical or technological hindrances. To put the same in technical language, we can simply say to gain root access on all the media located on the device.
Root access originally means to gain access to root user on the device which gives the user more and versatile power and enables him to:
- Install software that requires root access
- Remove carrier installed bloat wire
- Install custom ROM’s for the device.
Basic requirements for rooting Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4, particularly build VRUEMK2, with Android 4.3 includes:
The process can be carried out on windows or Linux. While practicing the same on windows, the user is first required to install the USB drivers for the device. Whereas, when the same is processed over Linux, there’s a need to install adb & fastboot.
The process of rooting includes the following steps:
- Extract the safe root zip file
- Move into the safe root newly created folder
- Give the install.sh executable permissions with the command chmod u+x install.sh (if installing from windows – double click the install.bat file.
- On your galaxy S4, enable developer options
- Still on the galaxy S4, enable USB debugging (Go to settings -> More -> Developer options -> USB debugging)
- Plug the device into the PC
- From the command line (within the safe root folder), issue the command.sh install.sh
- When prompted about the computers’ RSA key (on the device), tap OK
- From the command line, you will be prompted that galaxy needs to be rebooted & the same will happen automatically
- If your process gets hung up at “waiting for your device to reappear….” Unplug the device and plug it back in.
- When prompted (on the device), allow the installation of busy box.
After getting through all the above mentioned steps, the only thing that remains is to install another app from the Google Play store. One is simply required to open the Google Play store, search the root checker, tap on the entry for root checker, tap install and tap accept.
Once the app is installed, run it and then tap the verify Root button. The results should report that the device has root access. With the ailment of root access, one can actually gain access to a number of apps on the Google Play store without any hindrances.