Asus FonePad 7 is one the best Phablet’s (a combination of mobile phone and tablet) in the market right now. The notable features of this 7 inch HD tablet is 3G data function, Intel Atom Processor, and 5 mega pixel rear camera. If you own this Android Phablet and would like to root access it for installing rooted apps, then check out the tutorial given below.
The step by step instructions that we have given below is only for Asus FonePad 7 WW build. If you phone has another build, then don’t try this rooting process as it may brick your phablet.
WARNING: The instructions given below will help you root Asus Fonepad 7 but if for some reasons the process gets failed and your device gets bricked, we shouldn’t be held responsible.
Prerequisites To Root Asus Fonepad 7 WW Build:
1) The first step to do before rooting your device is to take the full backup. Use all the necessary backup applications and backup all your data. You can use this backup to restore your date, if in case the rooting process goes south and you lose the personal data from the device.
2) Remove all the unwanted antivirus and antispyware applications from your device. Avoiding this step will result in unsuccessful rooting process.
3) Keep your battery backup level above 80% as the rooting process is a time-consuming one and you will need full battery.
Once you have done all these steps, you can move on to the main rooting process.
Tutorial To Root Asus FonePad 7 K00E ME372CG / K00Z:
1) To get started, download this file package and extract it on a folder in your PC hard drive.
2) Once done, download the ASUS USB driver for your Android device and install it on your PC. Once done, connect your device to the PC using data cable.
3) Now download any of the root files given below based on your Asus Fonepad 7 build number.
K00Z Device Build:
4) Once you have downloaded the root file for your device, its time to enter “DROIDBOOT“. You can do this by switching off your device and then by pressing the power plus volume keys up together.
5) Now copy the root file you have download to the folder where you have extracted the package (step 1).
6) Now everything is ready. Open “OPEN.cmd” and enter the following command:
fastboot flash update rootx.x.x.zip
x.x.x denotes the build number of your device.
7) Now, the flashing process will go on for few minutes, and once its get completed, your device will be restarted automatically. Upon restarting, you will see the “Installing System Update” message.
8) After few minutes, you can access your device without any issues.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Asus Fonepad 7 phablet. If you encounter any issues while carrying out the rooting process, do let us know via the comments section below.