Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the best smartphones from Samsung. In many people eyes, Galaxy S3 appears as the Android smartphone which help the world take notice of the Samsung devices, and I believe that it is 100% true. With its slim size, beautiful display, powerful features and applications, Samsung Galaxy S3 received plenty of applause and almost all techies loved it.
If you are a Galaxy S3 user and would like to enjoy the benefits of Google Android’s new operating system, KitKat (4.4.4), then the tutorial that I have shared below will help you!
WARNING: I should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites To Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat On Samsung Galaxy S3
1) Take the complete backup of your personal data in your device using Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP, since the installation of Android 4.4.4 Kitkat custom ROM will require clearing of all the data in your smartphone.
2) Make sure that you have properly installed all the required USB drivers of Galaxy S3 in your computer.
3) If the firmware update process gets interrupted, then your device will get bricked. So avoid interruption by uninstalling antivirus apps from your device and by making sure that the device has 80% or more battery backup.
Note: This tutorial is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (International 3G variant) only. Do not try this on other variants. Also, please be aware that installing this Android 4.4.4 KitKat based custom ROM will void your warranty.
If you are finished with prerequisites, lets check out the firmware update tutorial.
Tutorial To Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat On Samsung Galaxy S3
2) Once you have downloaded the above files, connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 device to your computer using the original USB data cable.
3) Assuming that you have already rooted your Galaxy S3 device (if not, follow this tutorial for rooting your device) and installed ClockworkMod recovery, we can move on to the firmware update process. To get started copy the download Android 4.4.4 Kitkat C-RoM custom firmware Zip file and Google Apps zip file to SD card of your device.
4) Once done, turn your device off and disconnect it from the computer. Now enter into the recovery mode by pressing “volume (up)”, “home” and “power” buttons.
5) Upon entering into the recovery mode, select the “wipe data/factory reset” option and clear your phone memory. After that select “wipe cache partition” option and clear your device’s cache memory. Now, go back to clockworkMod recovery, select “wipe Dalvik cache” in advanced options.
6) Once you finished clearing your phone data/cache’s, go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”. Now choose the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat C-RoM firmware in your SD card and let the installation process goes on. Once done, repeat the same process and install Google Apps.
7) Once you have finished installing both the Zip files, go back using “+++++Go Back+++++” option and select “reboot system now” to re-start your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do share it with me using the comments section below.