Dell Venue 8 is a new age Android tablet which comes with 2 Ghz Intel Atom dual-core processor, 8.0 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 5 mega pixel rear view camera and 2 mega pixel front view camera, GPS, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 4100mAh integrate once cell battery and it runs of Android 4.2 Jelly bean operating system. The tablet pricing is mid range making it attractive for anyone who is planning to get a budget tablet.
If you are using Dell Venue 8 and would like to exploit it more or if you would want to update the operating system of the to Android 4.4 Kit Kat or if you would like to use custom firmware and rooted apps, then rooting your device is the only option. In the tutorial given below, I have written step by step instructions on how to root Dell venue 8 tablet.
WARNING: I should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your Dell Venue 8 Android tablet by following the instructions given here. Proceed with the knowledge that you are doing the rooting on your OWN.
Prerequisites To Root Dell Venue 8 Tablet:
1) Although rooting won’t result in the loss of personal data, it is safe to take backup using appropriate apps because it will come in handy if the rooting process becomes unsuccessful resulting in loss of personal data.
2) If you have installed any antivirus or related applications on your Dell Venue 8, uninstall them before starting the rooting process because sometimes these antivirus apps might cause trouble during rooting.
3) Keep a healthy battery backup because if your tablet dies out due to lack of battery, your device will get bricked.
Once you have done all the things mentioned above, its time to root your device.
Tutorial To Root Dell Venue 8 Android Tablet:
1) To get started, download myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2 from here, extract it using 7 Zip and save it on your computer.
2) Now download jb4.2.2-jb4.3_ROOTKIT.7z (supports only Dell Venue 8 running Android 4.2.2 or Android 4.3 versions) and DeviceWIFI-Venue8_ASSETKIT.7z, extract it using 7 Zip and save it on your computer.
NOTE: This method won’t work on Dell Venue 8 tablets which are running on Android KitKat operating system, as at this moment I don’t have a working ROOTKIT for the process.
3) Once done, connect your Dell Venue 8 to your computer. Now open the folder where you have saved myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2 and click on the run-me.bat to start the application. A screen will appear with space to enter words. Enter “ACCEPT” in capital letters without quotes in it and the main screen will appear.
4) Now on the menu options, choose 1 to update your Dell drivers for your computer. Once it is done, go back to the main menu of myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2 and see whether your device is connected properly and showing “DEVICE STATUS: ADB-ONLINE“. If it’s there, you are on the right path.
5) Now choose A1 ROOT KITS from the menu to view the ROOT KIT MENU. Now select the appropriate ROOT KIT, which we have downloaded before. Once down, select SuperUser (SU) installation and type “ACCEPT” in capital letters without quote in the next screen.
6) Your Dell Venue 8 will automatically reboot and the installation of “SU/SuperUser” will begin. Once it is done, your tablet will be rooted.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Dell Venue 8 Android tablet. If you would encounter any issues while following the tutorial, do share it with me via comments.