Micromax Bolt A40 is a mid-range Android powered smartphone which comes with a 1Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM, 1500 mAH battery, 2 mega pixel rear camera and a 4.5 inch display. This Android phone is good for people who are looking to buy an Android phone within a small budget.
Micromax A40 comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. If you would like to upgrade to newer Android OS versions, then you would have to root your device. The following tutorial will help you to root Micromax A40 successfully and let you install any custom firmware for running newer Android OS versions in your device.
WARNING: For any reason, i shouldn’t be held responsible for damages that might occur to your Micromax Both A40 android device while following this tutorial. Proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites To Root Micromax A40:
1) Although the rooting process wouldn’t affect your personal data in your phone, its safe to take a backup of your data and keep it on your computer. If in case the rooting process goes unsuccessful resulting in loss of data, you can use this backup for restoring it.
2) Remove the antivirus and antimalware apps you have installed in your smartphone as they tend to disrupt the rooting process.
3) Make sure to charge the battery of your Micromax Bolt A40 smartphone and keep it above 60% during the rooting process. If you phone becomes dead due to lack of battery, then it will get bricked.
4) Enable USB Debugging in your device by following this path: Settings -> Developers Options -> USB Debugging.
Note: Rooting your device will VOID the phone warranty. So think about it before rooting your device.
Tutorial To Root Micromax A40 Android Phone:
1) Download Root Genius application from here and install it on your computer.
2) Once done, download Micromax Bolt A40 drivers and install it on your computer.
3) Now, open Root genius application in your computer and connect your phone to the computer using the USB Debugging mode. If you have installed the Micromax A40 phone drivers on your computer properly, the Root Genius application will detect your phone automatically.
4) Now just click on the “Root It” button and wait for the rooting process to get completed.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting Micromax Bolt A40 android smartphone. To check whether you have successfully rooted or not, check for the “KingUser” app in your phone. If its available, then your device is rooted.
You can also use the “Root Checker” app for confirming the successful rooting process.
If you find this tutorial useful to root Micromax A40, then help spread the word by sharing this tutorial on social media sites. Else, if you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do share it with me via comments.