Micromax Canvas HD A116 is an Android Phablet running on a 1.2ghz processor along with 1GB RAM. This new age device has a 5-inch screen and 8 mega pixel rear camera. This is one of the best-selling Micromax devices and many people have purchased this Android phablet. If you are one of the users of Micromax Canvas HD and would like to get the better experience with the device, then rooting would be the ideal option.
We have written a full step by step rooting tutorial for Micromax Canvas HD A116 below. Follow the tutorial, root your device and install rooted apps, custom firmware, etc., of your choice.
WARNING: We should not be held responsible for any damages that may occur while following the rooting tutorial given below. Proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites To Root Micromax Canvas HD:
1) Take a complete backup of your personal data in your device using required applications. Failure to do so may result in the permanent lose of personal data.
2) Remove all the antispyware and antimalware applications in your Canvas HD as they sometimes cause trouble while following the rooting procedure.
3) Make sure that your Canvas HD’s battery backup is above 60% as the rooting process is a time-consuming one. If you start the rooting process without enough battery backup, and if your device dies while following the procedure, then it will get bricked. So charge your battery fully before getting started with rooting your device.
4) Enable USB debugging in your device by following this path: Settings -> Developers Option -> USB Debugging -> Tick! If you are using Android 4.2.2 or higher version, then developers option will be hidden. To enable it to follow this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Built Number (tap on the Built number for 5-8 times).
Once you have done all these prerequisites, its time for rooting your Micromax Canvas HD.
Root Micromax Canvas HD A116:
1) Download USB driver for your device and install it on your computer.
2) Now, download Root Genius application and install it on your computer.
3) Once done, open Root Genius and connect your Micromax Canvas HD device to your computer using original USB cable. If your device is connected successfully to the computer, Root Genius will automatically identify your device and will ask for rooting.
4) Now just click on “Root It” and wait for the rooting procedure to get completed.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Micromax Canvas HD. You can download and install the Root Checker Application to check whether your device is rooted or not.
If you get any doubts while following this tutorial for rooting Canvas HD, do share it with us via the comments section given below.