Samsung Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102) is a minimalistic Android smartphone, popular among young teens. If you are one of the Galaxy Y Duos users and would like to get a better experience with it, then rooting your device will certainly help. Rooting not only helps to access rooted apps but also it will let you use custom ROM’s with advanced Android firmware.
The tutorial we have written below is for Galaxy Y Duos users who would like to install Android 4.4 Kit Kat firmware on their device. With the help of the custom ROM “KitkatDuos”, Galaxy Y Duos users can enjoy the features of Android KitKat on their smartphone.
WARNING: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following the tutorial given below. Proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites For Updating Samsung Galaxy Y Duos With KitKatDuos ROM:
1) The first and foremost thing to do is making sure that you have rooted your device already. If you haven’t done that, you can follow our tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos.
3) If you have installed any antivirus or anti-spyware applications, uninstall them completely as they may cause trouble while the custom ROM installation process is going on.
4) Download Samsung Galaxy Y Duos USB Driver and install it on your computer.
5) Keep your battery level above 80% because sometimes the KitkatDuos ROM installation process takes few hours to get finished.
Once you have done all the prerequisites, we can move on to the main tutorial.
Tutorial To Update Samsung Galaxy Y Duos With Android 4.4 KitKat ROM:
1) Download the KitkatDuos ROM file and save it to your computer.
2) Now connect your Galaxy Y Duos device to the computer via USB cable and transfer the downloaded ROM file to SD card.
3) Once done, the switch of your smartphone. Now reboot your device into the CWM recovery mode and once you have done that, wipe your device data and cache.
4) Now install the KitkatDuos ROM in the CWM recovery mode. It will take few minutes to get completed. Once done, wipe the data and cache of your device again.
5) Now just reboot your device and wait for the KitkatDuos ROM to boot.
That’s it. Now you have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos smartphone to Android 4.4 KitKat based KitKatDuos ROM.
If you encounter any problems while following this tutorial, do share it with us via the comments section given below.