Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 is a 3G Android smartphone with a 5-inch TFT HD Touchscreen display. The phone is powered with 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core Processor and it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly bean OS. With 8 mega pixel rear view camera, the phone offers high quality image capturing. If you are looking for a smartphone under 10000 INR with good features, then Micromax Canvas A121 would be the ideal choice!
If you are a user of Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 and would like to gain root access for installing rooted apps or custom ROM’s, then the following tutorial will help you. I have given step by step instructions for rooting Elanza 2 smartphone below.
WARNING: If your Micromax Canvas A121 smartphone gets bricked or gets damaged while following the tutorial given below, we shouldn’t be held responsible. Proceed at your OWN RISK.
Prerequisites To Root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 Smartphone
1) Take the complete backup of your personal data in the Micromax device using appropriate apps. Although the root process won’t affect them, its safe to keep a backup.
2) Remove all the Antivirus applications installed on your smartphone for virus protection since sometimes they will cause trouble while the rooting process is going on.
3) Charge your phone battery and keep its backup level above 80% as the rooting process drains the battery. If you don’t have enough battery backup, and your device gets switched off during the rooting, then surely it will get bricked. Avoid it by having a good battery backup.
4) Enable USB Debugging mode in your device by following the path: Settings -> Developer Option -> USB Debugging. If you don’t see the Developer options, then you are using a new version of Android OS. Just follow this path to enable “Developer Options”: Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Built Number several times and then enable USB Debugging.
5) Download Micromax USB Driver for your smartphone and install it on your computer.
Once you have done all the above-mentioned tasks, you can move on to the rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121
1) To get started, download VROOT from here and install it on your computer. Once installed, open the application.
2) Now connect your Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 smartphone to the computer using the “USB Debugging Mode”. If you have installed the required USB drivers for your phone on the computer, then the VROOT application will automatically detect your smartphone.
3) Now just click on the “Root” button shown on the VROOT window and let the rooting process begin. The smartphone will get restarted several times during the process. So, don’t panic. Once the rooting process is finished, the device will reboot for one more time.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Micromax Canvas Elanza 2 A121 smartphone.
1) This method is for the people who can’t root their device using vRoot. To get started with this method, download Root Genius and install it on your computer. Once done, open the application window.
2) Next, connect your Micromax Elanza 2 smartphone to the computer using the “USB Debugging Mode”. If you have installed Micromax USB drivers properly in your computer, then the Root Genius program will automatically identify your smartphone.
3) Now just click on the big green “Root” button and your device will be rooted within no time.
That’s it! Now you have successfully finished rooting Canvas Elanza 2 Android device. If you want to confirm whether you have successfully rooted or not, use the “Root Checker” app. If you encounter any issues while following this rooting tutorial, do let me know via comments.