Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200 is a new-age Android smartphone released by Samsung as an upgrade to the existing S3 Mini GT-I8190 series. This new Galaxy S3 Mini phone comes with the Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen 4.0-inch display, Cortex A9 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM and a 5 mega pixel rear view camera. If you can’t afford to go for the Galaxy S4 or Galaxy S5 models, then this smartphone will certainly fit in with your budget.
If you own this device and would like to root it to gain root access for installing custom ROM firmware or root only applications, then you are in the right place. The tutorial I have given below will let you root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini quickly without any issues.
WARNING: Rooting Galaxy S3 Mini will void its warranty. Also, there are some minor chances that rooting will result in bricking your device. If any of that happens, don’t held us responsible.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200 Smartphone:
1) The rooting process I have posted here is not a data loss process. But still if you don’t feel comfortable, then you are more than welcome to take a backup of your personal data using appropriate apps.
2) If you are using antivirus applications in Galaxy S3 Mini, then uninstall them before starting the rooting procedure because on more than one occasion these antivirus apps caused trouble while carrying out the rooting process.
3) Check out your smartphone’s battery backup level and if you find it is less than 60%, don’t start the rooting process. Get your phone fully charged before going for rooting.
4) Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. For this you will need to use “Developer Options” which can only be enabled by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Built Number (Tap on it for several times). Now the developer settings will be enabled. Now follow this path: Settings -> Developer Option -> USB Debugging and tick the box to enable it.
After finishing up with these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini:
1) You will need Root Genius software to root your Galaxy S3 mini device. So, download it from here and install it on your computer. Once installed, launch the software.
2) Now connect your Samsung smartphone to the computer using the “USB Debugging” mode. If your computer has all the required Samsung USB drivers, then the Root Genius software will automatically identify your device.
3) Now just click on the big green “Root It” button in the Root Genius software and take a break. The software will automatically do all the required things to root your device and upon finishing it, it will make your phone reboot.
Now just go to apps and check whether you have the “KingUser” app in the list. If you see it there, then your phone is rooted. Or else, repeat the process again.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200 android smartphone. If you encounter any issues while carrying out the process, do let me know via comments.