Samsung Galaxy W GT-i8150 is a top quality Android smartphone that comes with 1.4 GHz Scorpion Qualcomm MSM8255T Snapdragon processor, Adreno 205 Graphics processing unit, 3.7 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen display and a 5 mega pixel rear view camera. If you are looking for a budget Android smartphone which has all the features of top end smartphones, then Galaxy W would be the right choice for you.
If you have purchased Samsung Galaxy W smartphone and would like to root it to gain root access for installing custom ROM firmware and rooted apps, then you are in the right place. Below I have given a tutorial for rooting Samsung Galaxy W smartphone with the use of computer software. The process is pretty simple as well.
WARNING: Rooting Samsung Galaxy W GT-i8150 will void its warranty and you won’t be able to claim anything with Samsung. Also, there is a little chance that your phone might get bricked while following this tutorial. So take necessary CAUTION.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy W Smartphone:
1) The rooting tutorial that I have given for Galaxy W smartphone is not a data-loss process. But it’s still better to take a backup of personal data. So take it using Samsung Kies.
2) Your phone will get bricked if it encounters any troubles from antivirus applications while the rooting process is going on. So avoid it by uninstalling all the antivirus and antimalware apps. Also, if your Galaxy W gets switched off during rooting, then it will surely get bricked. So charge your battery fully before starting with the rooting procedure.
3) You have to enable USB Debugging mode for this rooting process to work. You can do it by opening Settings, and then Developer Option, and then ticking the box of USB Debugging.
Upon finishing with these prerequisites, you can move on to the next part, i.e., main rooting tutorial.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy W GT-i8150 Smartphone:
1) You will need Root Genius software for this rooting process. Download it from here and install it on your PC. Once installed, run the Root Genius Application.
2) Now is the time to connect your Samsung device with the computer. Do it in the USB debugging mode with original USB data cable. If you have installed the Galaxy W USB drivers on your PC, then upon connecting your device the Root Genius Application will identify your smartphone.
3) Now just click on the “Root It” button in the Root Genius app and wait for the rooting process to get completed. Once it gets done, your device will reboot automatically. Now look for the “KingUser” app in the apps menu. If it’s there, then the rooting process is successful. Alternatively, you can use the “Root Checker” app to verify the success of rooting process.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy W device is successfully rooted now. If you like this procedure, then share it with your friends. And if you encounter any issues while following the process, let me know via comments. I will try to help you!