Micromax A45 is a low-budget smartphone which comes with a lot of good features. The device comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. If you own this device and would like to upgrade the Android version, then you have to go for rooting the device and installing custom ROM since Micromax haven’t released any Android updates recently.
In this tutorial given below, I have given step by step instructions for updating your Micromax Superfone Punk A45 to the Xtreme-Mod ROM, which is themed based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). The ROM comes with plenty of features including Sony Bravia Engine, Xcloud, New Bootanimation, Battery tweaks for improved battery backup, etc. Follow the tutorial and upgrade your Micromax A45 firmware today.
WARNING: I should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this Xtreme-Mod upgrade tutorial. Please do the upgrade on your OWN risk.
Prerequisites To Install Android 4.0 ICS Based ROM On Micromax A45:
1) Before upgrading your device with Xtreme-Mod, take a full backup of your personal data in Micromax A45 using appropriate apps. We can use this backup to restore personal data after the firmware upgrade.
2) Remove unwanted antivirus applications from your smartphone.
3) Keep 80% or more battery backup in your smartphone, since the firmware upgrade process is a time-consuming one.
4) Root your device. If you don’t know how to root, follow this tutorial: Root Micromax A45.
Once you have done all these prerequisites, you can proceed to the main tutorial that is given below.
Tutorial To Install Xtreme-Mod Android 4.0 ICS Based Custom ROM On Micromax A45:
1) Download Xtreme-Mod ROM from here and save it on your computer. Now connect Micromax A45 to your computer and transfer the downloaded file to the SD card.
2) Once done, go to CWM recovery by press the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Button’s in your device. Now in the CWM recovery, do Factory Reset followed by Data Reset.
3) Now format the system by following this path: Mounts And Storage -> Scroll Down>Format System. Upon finishing that, format delvik cache by following this path: Advanced -> Dalvik Cache.
4) Now after finishing the Reset and formatting process, go back to the CWM main screen and choose the download Xtreme-Mod ROM zip file in the SD card for installation.
5) Upon successful installation, reboot your Micromax A45 smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished installing the Xtreme-Mod Android 4.0 ICS based firmware on your Micromax A45 smartphone. If you encounter any issues while following this installation procedure, do let me know via the comments section given below.