Moto X is a top-notch Android smartphone from Motorola that comes with a unique 1.7 Ghz “X8” processor, 2 GB RAM, 4.7 inches AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, 10 mega pixel rear camera, 3G support, Wi-Fi, GPS, and Bluetooth. The device’s back is also curved in shape. The phone was a huge success among smartphone owners, and plenty of them have purchased and using it now.
Although Moto X smartphone comes with great features, few people want to experience more with the device by gaining root process. If you are one of them, then this article will help you. Here I am going to post a tutorial to root Moto X smartphone with model number’s XT1052.
WARNING: AndroidRootGuide.com or I shouldn’t be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your Moto X android device while rooting. Proceed at your own RISK.
Prerequisites To Root Moto X (XT1502):
1) Rooting Moto X will wipe out all the personal data in it. So take a complete backup of data using appropriate apps.
2) Download Motorola USB Driver, Android SDK, TWRP Recovery, SuperSU, and mFastBoot. Once downloaded, install Motorola USB driver and Android SDK on your computer. After installation, copy mFastBoot, follow this path: C:\Program Files\android-sdk\platform-tools and paste it in the ADB folder.
3) Make sure that your Moto X battery backup is 70% or above.
Once you done all the prerequisites we can move to the main rooting process.
Tutorial To Root Moto X:
1) The rooting process of Moto X can be carried out only if we unlock the bootloader of the device. To do it, switch off your device and switch it on by simultaneously pressing the “Volume Down” button for getting into the bootloader.
2) Once done, open command prompt in your computer and enter the following command:
CD C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
3) Now connect your smartphone to the computer using original USB data cable. Upon connecting, enter the following command in the command prompt:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
4) You will see the following output in the command prompt:
5) Now remove the (bootloader) in the output above and copy the string. It will look something like the one given below:
6) Once done, visit Motorola portal here and enter the bootloader key (above string) to get your unlock email. Motorola confirm your bootloader key and will send the unlock key to your email. Once you get it, enter it alongside the following command to unlock your Moto X bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
7) Upon unlocking the bootloader, copy the SuperSu.Zip, which you have downloaded to your smartphone. Once done, you can start the rooting process by entering the following command in the command prompt:
mfastboot flash recovery twrp-126.96.36.199-ghost-4.4.img
8) Once you have done that, disconnect your device from the computer and enter into the recovery mode by pressing “Volume Down” button. Now press “Volume Up” button to select the “Team Win Recovery Project custom recovery” mode.
9) Now located the SuperSu.zip file in the SD Card and install it on your device to finish the rooting process.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Moto X android smartphone. If you have doubt’s over the rooting process, do let me know via comments.