Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9150) is a big screened Android smartphone, which is powered with a 5.8 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen display, 1.4 Ghz dual core processor which is supported by 1.5 GH RAM, 8 mega pixel auto focus rear view camera with a LED flash and it runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean operating system. If you want to own a big screened smartphone, Galaxy Mega 5.8 would fit the bill.
If you have already purchase Galaxy Mega device from Samsung and would like to root it for upgrading the Android OS version or to install Android rooted apps, then you are in the right website. Given below is a full working tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9150) Android smartphone.
WARNING: The rooting procedure given below has worked well for us and it didn’t cause any trouble while we tested. But if incase you encounter any issues with your phone after following this tutorial, don’t held us responsible. Proceed at your OWN wish. Also, rooting will void your phone warranty. So think well, before carrying out the procedure given below.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9150)
1) The rooting procedure that I have given here is not a data-loss process. So don’t worry about your personal data which rooting your Galaxy Mega smartphone.
2) Ensure that your device doesn’t have any antivirus or antimalware apps installed in it as they will cause issues while rooting your device. Also, ensure that your smartphone has a good battery backup as the rooting process is a time-consuming one and your device shouldn’t get switched off while the process is going on.
3) Also, you should enable installation of third-party apps by following this path “Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources (tick the box to enable it).”
Upon finishing with these prerequisites, you can proceed to the main rooting tutorial which I have given below.
Related Tutorial: How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 All Variants Using Towelroot
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9150) Android Phone:
1) To get started, open your Galaxy Mega smartphone browser and visit towelroot.com. Now download and install the rooting app from their website in your android phone. Once done, you will be able to see the towelroot app in your apps menu.
2) Next open the towel root app and click on the “Make it ra1n” button to root your device. You don’t have to do anything else with this app. (check the screenshot below).
3) The towelroot app will do all necessary tasks to root your device, and once the process is over, you will see the success message in it.
4) That’s it. You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 android phone. To check whether the rooting process is successful, visit your apps menu and look for “SuperSu” app. If it shows up (it will be there for sure), then you have successfully rooted your device. You can also use the “Root Checker” app to verify the rooting process.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial to root your Samsung device, do let me know using the comments section below. I will get back to you at the earliest.