Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is a quality android smartphone. The device comes with high end specifications like 4 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen display, Cortex A9 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor supported by 768 MB RAM and a 5 mega pixel rear view camera at a pretty decent price. If you are looking for a quality android phone at a decent price, then Galaxy S Duos 2 will fit the bill.
If you own Galaxy S Duos 2 and would like to root it for getting full access to root admin privileges so that you will be able to install rooted apps or install custom ROM firmwares, then you are in the right webpage. Here, I have given a full working tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 with step by step instructions. Let check it out below.
WARNING: Rooting Galaxy S Duos 2 will void its warranty. Also, there is a chance that your Samsung smartphone might get bricked by following this tutorial. If anything happens, don’t held us responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2:
1) The rooting procedure given here is a data loss process. So before getting started with the procedure, take complete backup of your personal data in the smartphone using appropriate apps.
2) Ensure that your device doesn’t have any antivirus or antimalware app installed as they may cause trouble while carrying out the rooting procedure.
3) Make sure that your smartphone has a good battery backup. If your Samsung device gets switched off due to lack of battery while the rooting process is being carried out, then it will get bricked. So, avoid it by getting your phone battery fully charged before starting the rooting process.
4) Download Samsung USB Drivers for your smartphone and install it on computer.
After finishing these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial.
Related Tutorial: How To Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Using iRoot
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2:
1) To get started, download the rooting package and extract it on your computer. In the package, you will see Odin and Pre rooted firmware file.
2) Next, switch off your Galaxy S Duos 2 device. Now press and hold the “Volume Down“, “Home” and “Power” buttons simultaneously to enter into the “Download Mode“. Upon entering into the “Download Mode“, you will see a warning message asking for you to press the “Volume Up” key. Press it.
3) Now, open Odin in your computer. Once done, connect your device to the computer. If you have installed the Samsung USB driver in the computer properly, Odin will automatically recognize your device and show the “Added” message. Now, click on the PDA button in Odin and select the Pre rooted firmware file from “Step 1”.
4) Once done, click on the “Start” button in Odin to start the flashing process. Once it gets completed, your device will restart automatically. Now, if you see the “PASS” message in green color on Odin, disconnect your Galaxy S Duos 2 from the computer. Your device will once again reboot.
5) Now open up your apps menu and check for “SuperSU” app. If it’s there (if you have followed all the instructions given above properly, it will be there for sure), then you Samsung device is successfully rooted.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Galaxy S Duos 2 smartphone. If you encounter any troubles while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.