Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 (SM-G750F) is a bigger and better Android smartphone which comes with a 6.00-inch 720×1280 capacitive touchscreen display, 1.5 GHz quad-core processor with 1.5 GB RAM and a highly efficient 8 mega pixel rear view camera. If you are a lover of big gadgets, then the Galaxy Mega 2 will fit the bill for you although the price will be on the higher side.
If you own this device and plan to root it so that you can get root access for installing other language or custom ROM’s, or for installing apps which only supports rooted devices, you are in the right place. Here I have given a full working tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 (SM-G750F) Android smartphone.
WARNING: The tutorial which I have given below for rooting your Android device could cause damages to your device, if not followed properly. So, if anything happens to your device by following this tutorial don’t held us responsible. Please proceed at your OWN risk. Also note that rooting will void your Samsung Warranty. So think before you root your device.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 2:
1) The rooting process that I have given below is not a data-loss process. So there is no need to take backup of personal data like contacts, pictures, videos, music, etc.
2) Ensure that your mobile and computer have their antivirus applications disabled while you carry out the rooting procedure given below.
3) Also, make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 has a good amount of battery backup. If you don’t and if your smartphone gets switched off while the rooting process is going on, then the device will surely get bricked. So avoid it by charging your battery to a good level.
4) Download Samsung USB Driver for your smartphone and install it on your computer. You have to do this because, without USB drivers, you can’t connect your Samsung smartphone to the computer.
Once you have finished all these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting process that is given below.
Related Tutorial: How To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9150) Android Phone
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy Mega SM-G750F Android Phone:
1) To get started, download this Galaxy Mega 2 rooting package and extract it to a folder in your computer. Next switch off your phone and boot into the “Download Mode” (To get into the Download Mode, you need to Press the Zoom Left and Power Button and hold it simultaneously for few seconds).
2) Upon entering into the Download mode, you will see a warning. Disregard it and press the Zoom right key to continue.
3) Now in the folder where we have extracted the files from Step 1, you will see Odin3.exe. Click on that file to open Odin3. Next, connect your smartphone to the computer. If you have installed the USB drivers properly, then Odin will automatically recognize your Galaxy Mega 2. You will also be able the see the “Added” message in the Odin window.
4) Now click on the PDA button in Odin and select “CR-Auto-Root.tar” file that will be available in the extracted folder. Once done, click on the “Start” button in Odin to start the flashing process.
5) It will take a minute for Odin to root your Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 smartphone. During the process, your device will get rebooted, so don’t panic. Once done, you will see a small Green Box with Pass message written in it, in the Odin window.
6) Now disconnect your device from the computer and check the apps menu in Galaxy Mega 2 for SuperSU app. If it’s there, then your Samsung device is successfully rooted. You can also use the “Root Checker” app to check whether your device is successfully rooted or not.
That’s it! If you encounter any issues while following this rooting procedure, do let our Android community know using the comments section below. We will try to resolve your issue.