Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300i is a new age dual-SIM Android smartphone which comes with a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display powered by Cortex A7 1.4 GHz dual-core processor along with 1.5 GB RAM. The smartphone runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.3 operating system. If you love handy smartphones with advanced features, then Galaxy S3 Neo will fit the bill.
If you already have purchased Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo smartphone and would like to gain root privileges for either installing rooted Android apps or for installing custom Android firmware, and then you are in the right web page of Android Root Guides. Here, I have given a full working tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo smartphone.
Disclaimer: Although the rooting procedure given here worked effectively for me, I can’t guarantee that it will work well for you. If your device gets damaged by following this rooting process, don’t held me responsible. Also please understand that rooting will void your smartphone warranty. So think well before getting started with the rooting procedure.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo Android Phone:
1) The rooting process given here is a no-data-loss process. So there is no need to take backups of your personal data in the smartphone.
2) Make sure that your Galaxy S3 Neo has a good battery backup before starting the process. If, in case, your device gets switched off due to lack of battery while the rooting process is going on, then it will surely get bricked. Avoid it by charging your battery fully before getting started with the procedure.
3) Download Samsung USB Drivers for your smartphone and install it on the computer.
Once you have done the above-mentioned steps, it’s time to move on to the main rooting tutorial which is given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300i:
1) To begin, download the rooting package for Galaxy S3 Neo and extract it to a folder in your computer.
2) Next, switch off your smartphone. Once done, press and hold the Zoom left and Power buttons in your device simultaneously for few seconds, so that it enters into the “Download Mode“. Now you will see a warning message asking you to press the Zoom right button. Press it.
3) Now go to the folder where you have extracted the rooting package and click on the Odin3-v3.07.exe file to open Odin. Once done, connect your Galaxy S3 Neo to the computer using the original USB data cable. If the connection is successful, you will see an “Added” message shown in the Odin window.
4) Now, click on the PDA button in Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file from the folder where the rooting package files are located. Once done, click on “Start” in Odin to start the rooting process.
5) It will take a minute or two for Odin to complete the rooting process and once done; you will see the PASS message in green color in the Odin Window. Now, you can disconnect your smartphone from the computer.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300i smartphone. To confirm the rooting process, check for SuperSU app in your device’s apps menu. If it’s there, the rooting process is successful. You can also use the “Root Checker” app for confirmation.
If you encounter any issues while following the tutorial given here, do let me know using the comments section below. I will try to get back as early as possible.