Xiaomi Mi3 is one the best Android smartphones in the market. With 2.3 GHz processor supported by a 2 GB RAM, the Mi3 is one of the fastest smartphones you can get today. The 5 inch LCD screen comes with this device is protected by Gorilla Glass. Also, the 13 mega pixel camera comes with this phone will let you capture HD videos and pictures. All in all, this is the best value for money smartphone you can get.
If you have already purchased this device and would like to root it for installing Android apps which only supports rooting devices, then you are in the right page. Here, I have given a full working tutorial with step by step instructions to root Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone (Build 15, 18, 19, 22, 23, 32, 34).
WARNING: If anything happens to your smartphone due to following this tutorial, don’t held me responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
Prerequisites To Root Xiaomi Mi3 Android Phone:
1) The rooting procedure given here is a no-data-loss process. But still it will be a good idea to take backup. So take the complete backup of your device’s data using computer. If anything goes wrong during the rooting process, we can use this backup to restore your personal data to Mi3.
2) Ensure that your smartphone has a good battery backup before starting the rooting process.
Once you have done both these steps, it is time to move on to the rooting tutorial.
Related Tutorial: Update Xiaomi Mi3 With MIUI 6 Beta (Developer ROM)
Tutorial To Root Xiaomi Mi3:
1) To get started, download the Mi3 rooting package based on its build number to your computer. (You can check your smartphone’s build number by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> MIUI version. The number which is showing along with the MIUI ROM name is the build number.)
- Rooting Package For Build 15,
- Rooting Package For Build 18,
- Rooting Package For Build 19,
- Rooting Package For Build 22,
- Rooting Package For Build 23.
- Rooting Package For Build 32
- Rooting Package For Build 34
2) Next, connect Mi3 to your computer and copy-paste the rooting package to the root directory. Once done, disconnect the device and go to Tools -> Updater. In updater, click on Menu and press “Select Update Package”.
3) Now select the rooting package zip file which you have saved on the root directory and click “Update“. The process will take some time to get done. So be patient. Also don’t panic, if your device gets restarted while the process is being carried out as it is bound to happen.
4) Once the process is over, open the Security app in your Mi3 smartphone, click on “Permission” and enable “Root Permission“.
5) That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Xiaomi Mi3 Android phone. If you would want to verify whether the rooting process has been successfully carried out, use the “Root Checker” app.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments. I will get back to you with a solution within 24-48 hours.