XOLO A500 is a low-budget Android smartphone which comes with some good features like 1 GHz dual-core processor supported by a 512 MB RAM, 4 inch TFT Capacitive touchscreen, 5 mega pixel rear view camera and it runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you want to get into the Android world and get a budget conscious device, Xolo A500 will be the best fit.
If you have already purchase this smartphone and would like to upgrade it to the Android 4.4.2 KitKat version, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given a full working tutorial to update XOLO A500 with Android KitKat 4.4.2.
NOTE: The tutorial for updating your XOLO device is given be XOLO officially. So, if anything happens to your device while following this procedure don’t held us responsible.
Prerequisites To Update XOLO A500 With Android KitKat:
1) It is always safe to take the full backup of your personal data in the smartphone before doing an upgrade. So connect your device to the computer and take complete backup. If anything goes wrong during the procedure, we can use this backup to restore data.
2) Ensure that your smartphone has a good battery backup as the upgrading process sometimes consumes a large amount of battery.
3) Download XOLO USB drivers for your smartphone and install it to your computer. Only by doing this, you will be able to connect your smartphone to the computer.
4) Enable USB debugging mode in your Android phone by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (just mark it).
Once you are done with these basic steps, it’s time to move on to the upgrading procedure.
Tutorial To Update XOLO A500 with Android KitKat 4.4.2:
1) To get started, download A500 Club Final KK Update and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer (using the original USB cable) in the USB debugging mode and copy-paste the update file in the .zip format.
2) Now disconnect your device from the computer and open the “XOLO Care” app in your smartphone.
3) Next in the “Update” tab, click on “Check for Software Updates” and in the following screen, select “Check for Updates“.
4) Since we have the software update file in the phone, doing the above step will find it out, and you will see it in the display. Just click on the “Continue” button and take a break. The XOLO care app will take care of the rest, and once everything gets done, your device will be running on Android KitKat 4.4.2.
That’s it. Now you have successfully upgraded your XOLO A500 smartphone to Android KitKat 4.4.2. If you encounter any issues while following this procedure, do let me know via comments or contact XOLO customer support team.