After the great success of Moto G, Motorola launched an upgraded version called Moto G 2nd Generation with a lot of hardware upgrade in it. Moto G 2nd Generation or 2014 edition is also having a great success in the market. Developers have rooted this device and made a custom ROM for it, Andro-X, the first custom ROM for Moto G 2014. This ROM is specially designed for the users who wish to have a pure Android experience on their Moto G.
Features Of Andro X ROM:
- Stock ROM experience
- Xposed installer
- Gravity box
- CM file manager
- DSP manager
- Less RAM usage
- Android boot animation
- removed unwanted Gapps and Moto apps
Here, you will get a tutorial with step by step instructions to install this Andro X on Moto G2 2014. Please read the whole article before implementing any changes to your device.
Disclaimer: Installing a custom ROM to your device will void it’s warranty. Also, it may damage your device if anything goes wrong during the process. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. Procedure mentioned in this article is for Moto G 2nd Gen only. Do not try this on other devices or else you will end up with a bricked device.
Prerequisites To Install Andro X On Moto G:
- Get your phone charged to at least 70%. Or else make sure that your phone doesn’t get switched off during the installation process.
- Take a complete backup of all the necessary things in your device, such as Contacts, SMS, EFS, etc., using appropriate apps. We can use this backup to restore the data after the installation gets completed.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed on your device. If not, follow this Moto G 2014 rooting tutorial to root your phone.
Tutorial To Install Andro X ROM On Moto G 2014:
- To get started, download Andro X ROM Package to your computer. Once done, connect your device to the computer and transfer the ROM package to the internal memory of your device. Do no extract the zip file.
- Next, switch off your phone and enter to the Recovery Mode of your device. For this, press and hold Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons simultaneously and boot into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, wipe all the data.
- Once done, select “Install Zip From SD Card” option and select the Andro X ROM Package .zip file. The installation will start, and it may take 5-10 minutes to get completed.
- Once the installation is over, you will see the recovery menu. Now, reboot your phone normally. Since we have installed a new ROM, first time booting will take some time. So don’t get panicked
- That’s it. Now you can enjoy the stock Android experience on your Moto G 2014.
So, this is how you can install Andro-X on your Moto G 2nd Generation. If you encounter any problems while following this procedure, feel free to ask here.