MIUI is one of the best ROMs available for Androids and it from Xiaomi, the company which manufactures both Mi3 and Redmi 1S devices. If you are bored of using the same kind of interface on your Android smartphone, then MIUI is specially designed for you. MIUI is a Cyanogen Mod based ROM which makes your Android totally different from what it is right now. You will get better performance, battery backup, and a lot more advantage by using this ROM.
But, the best feature of this MIUI ROM is that your smartphone’s user interface will be totally changed. You will get many customization options such as themes, icon packs, lock screens, etc. Here, I am writing a step by step procedure about how to install MIUI ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Follow this tutorial and enjoy MIUI on your Galaxy Note 3 device.
Disclaimer: Installing this ROM will void the warranty of your device. If anything goes wrong during installation, you may end up with a bricked device. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. The procedure mention here is for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 only. Do not try this on other models.
Prerequisites To Install MIUI On Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Keep your phone charged or make sure it has at least 70% battery backup. If your phone runs out of battery during the process, you may end up with a bricked device.
- Take a backup of Contacts, SMS. APNs and the most important EFS folder. If you don’t know how to backup EFS folder, then download this Samsung Tool, install it on your device and take a backup which we use for future purposes.
- Your device must be rooted and have a custom recovery installed on it. If not, your can use the Universal Android Toolkit or follow the procedure given here.
Tutorial To Install MIUI On Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- First, download the MIUI ROM Package for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from here.
- Next, move the downloaded zip file into the SD card of your device.
- Now boot into the recovery mode. For this, switch off the phone and then press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery mode, wipe all the data.
- Now, select ‘install zip from SD card’ and select the MIUI ROM Package zip file. This will start the installation process.
- After completing the installation process, reboot the device normally.
- Hurray! You have successfully installed MIUI ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Now enjoy the new interface.
Note: If you get stuck in boot-loops or get many force close errors, then try to wipe all the data and reinstall the ROM.