Samsung Galaxy Core I8260 is a top end smartphone that comes with crystal clear 4.3 inch TFT display, which is powered with 1.2 GHz Dual core processor alongside a 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. If you own this device and would you like to root and install Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery, so that you can install rooted apps or to install Custom ROM firmware’s, then you are in the right place.
Here I have given a full working tutorial with step-by-step instructions for rooting and installing your CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Core device.
WARNING: Rooting might void your device warranty. Also, if any issues occur to your device while following this tutorial, don’t held us responsible. So, move on with this procedure at your own risk.
- The first thing you have to do before the rooting process is to take a back-up of data’s and stuffs in your android device and then copy that to an external Memory Card. The reason for doing this is, having the back-up of all data’s will help you to restore your stuff’s later if the procedure wipes out your data in the smartphone.
- Ensure that battery level of your device is above 50% to carry out the following procedure.
- Download and install Samsung USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Core so that you can connect your Smartphone with PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device by opening Settings and then clicking developer option and then tick USB Debugging mode to activate it.
After finishing these prerequisites, you can move on with the rooting procedure that has been given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy Core I8260:
- To begin, you have to download and install the Root application on your smartphone.
- Once you have installed the application on your device successfully and click the button to launch the application.
- Now, you will be able to see the “Gandalf” option. Tapping on that option will install the “SuperSU” application on your Smartphone.
- After doing this above step properly, you can reboot your Smartphone.
That’s it! Now, you successfully gained root privileges for your device. Now, you can move on with the following tutorial to install CWM Recovery on your device.
Tutorial To Install CWM Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Core I8620:
- The first step, you have to do is download and install CWM Recovery and Odin Packages on your PC. Once you have downloaded, extract the Odin file in your computer.
- After that, open Odin. Now, turn off your device and boot into the download mode.
- You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Home Key Button at the same time until the download mode becomes active. One done, you will see the Green Robot on your phone screen.
- Now, connect your smartphone with the PC.
- Next, in the Odin window click on the PDA button and choose the recovery file which you have downloaded before. Once done, click on the “Start” button to start the CWM installation process. It will take 50-60 seconds to install the recovery image on your device.
- That’s it. You have successfully installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Core smartphone. To check whether the installation is the success, press and hold the Home key ad Volume Up button and see your device boot into the recovery mode successfully.
If you encounter any issues while following the above procedures, do let me know by dropping a comment below.