Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a middle-range smartphone with amazing specs and features. It features a 5.25-inch display with a 1.20GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and 1.5 GB RAM. It gives a very good performance with it specifications and features. But, if you wish to get more functionality for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, then you should root your device.
Some popular operations that you can do after rooting are: getting access to root files, overclocking or underclocking the CPU, installing custom ROMs, etc. You can also manually update your phone to the latest Android version. Now, if you are not sure what rooting means and what are the benefits you can get from rooting, read the following articles:
Here, I am providing a simple step by step tutorial on ‘How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102′. Read the whole guide before implementing any changes. If you are new to these procedures, it is suggested that you should take help from an experienced person.
Disclaimer: Rooting a device will void its warranty. Also, rooting is a complex procedure and may damage your device permanently. I will not be responsible for any kind of damages occurs to your phone while following the tutorial given here. This guide is for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 only. Do not try this for other devices.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2:
- Take a backup of all the necessary data such as Contacts, SMS, and the most important EFS folder. If you don’t know how to backup EFS folder, download and install Samsung Tool on your device, and take the backup.
- Get your device charged up to 70% or more.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android. You can do this by visiting the following path: Settings > Applications > Developer’s Option > USB Debugging (mark it).
- Install USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 on your computer.
Procedure To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102:
- First of all, download the rootkit for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Move it to your computer and extract it.
- While extracting, you will find that the downloaded files will have “CF-Autoroot.tar” & “ODIN Flash Tool”.
- Now open ODIN Flash Tool.exe and check ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ leaving others unchecked.
- Now, reboot your Grand 2 into Download Mode. For this, switch off your device and then press and hold Power + Home + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you enter into the Download Mode.
- Now connect the device to the computer via USB cable. It should be detected automatically in ODIN. If the device is not detected in ODIN, then reinstall the USB drivers or try to install Samsung Kies.
- Now in ODIN, click on PDA and select file ‘CF-Root.tar’ from the downloaded package.
- Now click on START to initiate the rooting process. You will get PASS message when it is done successfully.
- Now, your device will reboot automatically.
- Hurray! Your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is rooted now.
If you encounter any error while rooting your device, feel free to ask here.