Root Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman (WT19i) is an Android smartphone which comes with 1 GHz Snapdragon processor supported by 512 MB RAM, 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen, and a 5 mega pixel rear view camera. The main advantage of this device is the Sony Walkman feature which helps you to listen to your favorite songs anywhere at any time. If you are a music addict, getting this smartphone will be a good idea.
If you have already purchase this device and would like to root it, so that you install custom ROM’s running on new Android versions or for installing root supported Android apps then you are in the right webpage. Here I have given a full working tutorial to root Sony Ericsson live with Walkman Android smartphone.
WARNING: If anything happens to your Sony smartphone while following this tutorial, don’t held me responsible. So, proceed at your OWN risk.
Prerequisites To Root Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman:
1) The first and foremost thing to do before rooting your device is to take the complete backup of personal data in your smartphone. Install Sony PC Companion and take the full backup.
2) Ensure that your smartphone has adequate battery backup as sometimes the rooting consumes a large amount of battery.
3) Enable installation from Unknown sources in your device. You can do this by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources (tick the box). Also enable “USB Debugging” by following this path: Settings -> Developer options -> USB Debugging (mark it). Finally select MSC mode in USB debugging connection mode by following this path: Settings -> Xperia -> Connectivity -> USB connection Mode -> MSC mode (select it).
Once you have all these prerequisites, it’s time to move on to the rooting procedure.
Tutorial To Root Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman (WT19i):
1) To get connected, connect your Sony smartphone to the computer using USB debugging mode. If the Sony Companion installation pops up, just skip it and let the ADB drivers to be installed (without these drivers, the rooting kit won’t identify your device).
2) Now download Eroot rooting kit and install it on your computer. Once installed, open the program. If you have installed the ADB drivers properly, then Eroot will identify your device, and you will see the following “-root” option. Just click on it and take a break. The Eroot app will do all the necessary tasks to root your device and once done, your Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will be rooted.
3) That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Sony device. You can confirm the root status of your device by using “Root Checker” app.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial do let me know using the comments section below. I will try to reply back as soon as possible.