Sony Xperia Z2 is one of the top rated Android Smartphones. The device comes with 2.3 GHz Quad-Core processor and it runs on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. The Xperia Z2 has a powerful 5.2 inch HD TRILUMINOS display and a 20.7 megapixel Camera. All in all, this is the best device a photography addict can get.
If you have Sony Xperia Z2 and would you like to root it for installing latest custom ROM firmware’s or for installing applications which only supports rooted devices, you are in the right place. Here, I have given a full working tutorial to root Sony Xperia Z2 android device.
WARNING: Rooting procedure might void your device warranty. Also, sometimes your Android phone will get bricked while you carry out this rooting tutorial. So, if anything happens to your device don’t held me or Android Root Guide responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
Prerequisites To Root Sony Xperia Z2:
- Before proceeding to root your device, take a back-up of all personal data’s because if anything goes wrong, the backup can be used to restore the data. Don’t use Sony PC Suite to back up your personal data’s because it may not help you to restore the data.
- Next, Enable USB Debugging Mode in your device. To do so, go on to your device Settings and then Click on Wireless and Network option, then Select Development option and then click USB Debugging Mode to enable it.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is at-least 70%.
- Install Sony USB Drivers for your smartphone in the computer, so that you can connect your device with the computer.
- Also, ensure that the antivirus application in both your device and the computer is disabled.
After you have completed these prerequisites successfully, you may move on with the following main tutorial.
Tutorial To Root Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone:
- To get started, download the Rooting Tool to your PC. Then, connect your Smartphone with the Computer by using appropriate USB cable.
- Next transfer the rooting tool to your device’s memory and disconnect the device from the computer.
- Now, switch-off your device so that it can enter into the recovery mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume down and Volume Up button
- Next, select the option “Install Zip from SD card” and select the rooting tool file, you have transferred from your computer to the device’s memory (Step 2). The rooting process will begin automatically and generally it will take 4-5 minutes to get completed.
- Once it is completed, you can select the “go back” option and click “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting your device normally.
- That’s it. Now you successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone. To check whether your device is rooted or not, access the “Root Checker” application in your Smartphone.
If you encounter any issues while you are carrying out this rooting procedure, let me now via comments.