Xiaomi Redmi 1S is a low-budget Android smartphone that is having a lot of demand in the market. This device has amazing specs at a low-cost of Rs. 5,999. It is powered by a 1.6 GHz Snapdragon processor along with 1GB of RAM. The one thing that makes this device different from others is its user interface. It has MIUI ROM which is a lot different from stock Android UI.
Here, I am going to give step by step tutorial to Root Xiaomi Redmi 1S. This is the very easy procedure, and there’s no need to unlock the bootloader separately. Read the whole article before implementing any changes to the device. If you are new to Android rooting, then try to get help from an experienced person.
Disclaimer: Rooting your device will void it’s warranty. Also, rooting is a complex procedure and you may end up with a bricked device if anything goes wrong. If anything happens, don’t held me responsible. This guide is for Xiaomi Redmi 1S only and do not try it on other devices.
Prerequisites To Root Xiaomi Redmi 1S:
- Keep the device charged, at least up to 60%. If the device switch’s off during the rooting procedure, it will surely get bricked.
- The procedure given here will not wipe data on your device. But, still take backup of necessary data’s such as Contacts, SMS, etc. to be on the safer side.
Tutorial To Root Xiaomi Redmi 1S:
- To get started, download file ‘update.zip‘ and save it on your computer.
- Next, download ‘SuperSU.zip‘ and save it on your PC as well. Once you have downloaded both the files, connect your device to the computer using original USB Data cable and transfer the files to the SD card of Redmi 1S.
- Now, go to updater app -> options menu -> reboot to recovery. You will renter the recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, choose English. (Use volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select).
- Choose ‘Apply Updates‘ (or something similar to this). Doing this will automatically update the device using the update.zip file from the SD card.
- Now, reboot the device.
- Again go to Updater app and then Recovery Menu.
- Now, you will load in Philz Recovery. Choose ‘install zip from external _sd‘ and navigate to the ‘SuperSU.zip‘. This will install SuperSU to your phone.
- After completing, reboot the system and say Yes for fixing the recovery (if asked).
- You are done with rooting your Redmi 1S.
So this was a simple guide to root Xiaomi Redmi 1S. If you encounter any problems, then feel free to ask about them here.