Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300i is an advanced Android smartphone from Samsung Mobiles. The device comes with top class hardware and it supports 3G, Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth. With dual-Sim capabilities, this smartphone is an attractive option for Indian people who would like to get their hands on a quality Android smartphone.
Samsung recently announced the Android KitKat 4.4.4 upgrade for Galaxy S3 Neo I9300i smartphones. The upgrade comes with plenty of minor bug fixes that were present in the previous version. If you don’t know the procedure to upgrade your smartphone, then check out the tutorial given below.
WARNING: The firmware upgrade procedure given below will work effectively if you follow the steps properly. But if in case your device gets damaged due to following the upgrade process given here, please don’t held us responsible. Proceed at your OWN risk.
Prerequisites To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300i With Android 4.4.4 Kitkat:
1) The firmware upgrade process given here is a data-loss process. So take the complete backup of your personal data in the smartphone and save it on a computer. We can use this backup to restore your data after updating the firmware.
2) Uninstall the antivirus applications from your smartphone. Also disable the antivirus or Internet Security program from your computer as well.
3) Ensure that your Galaxy S Neo has a good battery backup before starting the firmware upgrade process.
4) Download Samsung USB Drivers for your smartphone and install it on your computer. Also, download and install ADB on the computer.
Upon finishing with these prerequisites, you can move on to the main firmware update tutorial given below.
Related Tutorial: How To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9300i
Tutorial To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300i With Android Kitkat 4.4.4:
1) To start the firmware upgrade process, you will need to download the firmware package given below. Choose one based upon your choice:
Hong Kong: TGY-I9300IZHUBNH3-20140911135826.zip
2) Next download Odin, extract it to a folder and Open it in the computer. Now connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once connected, check whether the ID: COM section is turning to Yellow or Green color. If it doesn’t, you will need to reinstall the USB drivers for your smartphone.
3) Now disconnect your device from the computer and switch it off. Once done, press and hold the Home, Power, and Volume down buttons simultaneously to enter the Download Mode. Upon entering into the download mode, reconnect your smartphone to the computer.
4) Now in the Odin window, click on the PDA button and select the .tar file you have got after extracting the firmware package you downloaded in Step 1. once done, just click on “Start” to being the firmware upgrade process.
5) Usually, it will take few minutes for Odin to finish the firmware update process and once its done, it will reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully updated the firmware of Galaxy S3 New I9300i to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments. I will get back to you at the earliest.