Xiaomi Mi3 is one of the most advanced Android smartphones in the market at an extremely affordable price. The phone comes with high-end specifications like 2.3 Ghz Quad core processor, 2 GB RAM, Andreno 330 GPU, 5 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen protected by corning Gorilla Glass and a 13 mega pixel rear view camera. If you are looking for a value for money Android smartphone, Xiaomi Mi3 would be the best fit.
If you have purchased Mi3 already and would like to update it to the newly released MIUI 6 Beta ROM firmware, then you are in the right place. Here I have given a full working tutorial to update the Mi3 smartphone from its standard MIUI 5 ROM to MIUI 6 Beta.
NOTE: If anything happens to your Xiaomi smartphone while following the tutorial given here, please don’t held us responsible.
Prerequisites To Update Xiaomi Mi3 With MIUI 6 Beta ROM:
1) The update process is a data-loss process. So, it is safe to take a complete backup of personal data in the smartphone which we can restore to the device after completing the update process.
2) Remove the SIM Card from Mi3 smartphone before starting the procedure given here. Also make sure that your device isn’t connected to any open Wireless or 3G network before getting started with the firmware updating process.
3) Ensure that your smartphone has a good battery backup. Also, ensure that your device is rooted.
Once you have done with these prerequisites, you can move on to the main tutorial which I have given below.
Rooting Tutorial Video:
How To Update Xiaomi Mi3 With Latest MIUI 6 ROM:
2) Next extract the MIUI 6 ROM rar file and move the cancro_alpha_images_4.8.15_4.4_cn folder into your computer’s “C” drive root directory. Once done, open the Mi Flash tool and select this folder from your computer.
3) Now switch off your device. Once done, press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” button of your device simultaneously so that your Mi3 enter into the fastboot mode. Upon entering into the fastboot mode, connect your Mi3 to the computer using original USB data cable and refresh the Mi Flast tool.
4) Your device will show up in the Mi Flash tool. Now just click the “Flash” button and wait for few minutes to get it done. Once done, do a factory rest to wipe out all your device’s data.
5) Now reboot your Mi3 smartphone and you will be asked to get started with MIUI 6 ROM. While doing that, do connect with Wi-Fi network and simply skip it. Now download Root Explorer Android app and install it to your device. Once done follow this path: System > build.prop > Open with rb editor > Search “ro.miui.secure=1″ and change the value from 1 to 0. Once done, save it and reboot your device.
6) The first boot will take a little longer than usual. So don’t worry about it. Just be patient. Once the Mi3 device restarts, you can connect Wi-Fi or 3G networks.
That’s it. Now you have successfully updated Xiaomi Mi3 smartphone with the latest MIUI ROM, MIUI 6. If you encounter any troubles while following this tutorial, just drop in a comment. I will get back to you with a solution in 24-48 hours.