Samsung Galaxy S Duos is a handy Android smartphone which is powered with Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, and runs on 1 GHz Processor. This device comes with a powerful 1500 mAh battery and 5 Mega Pixel Primary LED Flash Camera.
If you are a user of Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 device and want to install Stock ROM firmware on your Smartphone, then you are in the right place. Here, you can find the tutorial to install Stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy S Duos.
Disclaimer: If anything goes wrong or any damage occurs to your Smartphone while following this tutorial, we will not be liable. Please, proceed with your own risk and follow the instructions carefully.
Prerequisites To Install Stock ROM On Galaxy S Duo:
- First and foremost thing to do before proceeding with the installation process, is taking a complete backup of personal data in your Smartphone. You can do that by follow these tutorials: How To Backup The SMS, MMS And Call Logs to Gmail & How To Sync The Android Contacts With Gmail Account.
- Next, make sure that your device battery percentage level should be at least 70-80% to carry out the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Smartphone. You can do this by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tick the box). You can also follow this tutorial: How To Enable The USB Debugging Options In All Android Smartphones
- Then, you have to download and install original Samsung USB Drivers on your computer so that you can connect your device with the computer.
Once you have completed above instructions, you can proceed on with the main procedure.
Procedure To Flash Stock ROM On Galaxy S Duos Smartphone:
- To begin, you have to download Stock ROM based on baseband version of your device and then Odin V3.09 file on your computer. (To check the baseband version of your device, then go to Menu option and then click on settings and then click on About to know the baseband )
- Next, Power-Off your Smartphone and boot it to download mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Down Button, Home Button and then Power Button simultaneously for few seconds until it is active.
- Once in download mode, connect your device to the computer. Now open “exe” file. If you have installed the drivers properly, the ID: COM will turn into yellow or green color.
- Now, click on “PDA” and then choose “CODE” file.
- Click on “Phone” option and then choose “MODEM” (If you do not find this file, then ignore this step).
- Click on “CSC” and then Choose “CSC”
- Click on “PIT” and then choose “.pit” (If you do not find this file, then ignore this step)
- Once you have completed above steps, ensure that Reset Time and Auto Reboot option are checked on Odin. Also, check that you have selected “.pit” file in re-partition box.
- Then, click on the “Start” button in the Odin to begin the installation process and it will take few minutes to get completed.
- Once the installation process is finished, you will be able to see “Pass” Message on the Odin window. During this process your device will be automatically reboot.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed Stock ROM on your Galaxy S Duos Smartphone without any issues.
If you face any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know via comments.