Xiaomi Redmi 1S is the cheapest high-end Android smartphone in the market. It comes with a high quality Quad Core processor which clocks at 1.6 Ghz and it runs of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. If you want to install Android Kitkat 4.4 firmware on your Redmi 1S smartphone, you can do it with the help of CyanogenMod ROM.
Here, I have given the simple instructions to install latest Kitkat 4.4.4 Firmware by using CyanogenMod ROM on your Redmi 1S device easily.
WARNING: Follow the given below procedure at your own will. We should not be held liable for any damage occurs to your device while following this tutorial.
- Before trying this tutorial, you have to root your Xiaomi Redmi 1S device and then install TWRP Recovery so that you can perform the firmware update process.
- Then, you have to take backup of data’s and stuffs on your smartphone. Flashing a new firmware will always result in the loss of data. So, keeping a backup is good and it will help you to restore the data later.
- Next, Check the battery percentage level of your device and make sure that it is 75% or above, so that you will never face any issues while carrying out the update process.
After completing these prerequisites, you can move on to the main tutorial which has been given below.
Tutorial to Install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat On Xiaomi Redmi 1S:
- Once done, you have to boot your device into the TWRP recovery mode. To do this, press the Volume up button and Power button at the same time until your device enter into the Recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery menu, go to the install option and then choose the CyanogenMod ROM package in your SD Card. The ROM will be installed. After that, you have to go to Wipe option and then execute the basic wipe. Don’t do Advanced Wipe or Factory Reset.
- Once done, you have to install the GAPPs package in same way you have installed CyanogenMod ROM and then do another basic wipe. Next, reboot your device. Since a new ROM has been installed, the first boot will always take some time. So, don’t panic! Just be patient until your device boots normally.
- That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on your Redmi 1S smartphone by using the CyanogenMod ROM.
If you have any doubts or any queries about this tutorial, then tell me here via comments.