Xperia C is a mid-range Android smartphone of Sony with Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 processor, and it runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. This phone delivers an average performance and a decent user experience. If you want to utilize your phone to its full extent, then I have an option for you. Root your Xperia C and install this Dark Xperia Z2 ROM on it. Flashing this ROM on your device will install many Xperia Z2 features on it.
The following are some of the features of the Dark Xperia Z2 ROM:
- Xperia Z2 Home,
- Xperia Z2 Themes,
- Xperia Z2 Media Apps,
- Xperia Keyboard,
- Z2 Fonts,
- Xperia Z2 Smart Social Camera,
- Xperia Z2 Boot-animation, sounds, wallpapers,
- RAM saving tweaks,
- Battery saving tweaks,
- and many more.
Here, I am giving a step by step guide to install this amazing Xperia Z2 ROM on your Xperia C smartphone. Please read the whole guide before implementing any changes.
Disclaimer: Installing a custom ROM sometimes may damage your device permanently. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your phone. This is based on old Build. Do not Try this on latest Xperia C Build 16.0.B.2.16 or any other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 70% of its full capacity.
- Take a backup of all the necessary data such as contacts, APNs, EFS, etc. For taking backup’s, follow these guides: How To Backup The SMS, MMS And Call Logs to Gmail & How To Sync The Android Contacts With Gmail Account.
- Your Sony Xperia C phone must be rooted. If not, refer our tutorial to root Xperia C and root your device.
- Install a custom recovery on the device. You can get one from here. Flash it on your device with the help of Odin.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your Xperia C Smartphone. Also, download Sony Xperia USB Drivers for your smartphone and install it in the computer.
Upon finishing these prerequisites, you can move on to the main update tutorial below.
Procedure To Install Dark Xperia Z2 ROM On Xperia C:
- To start with, download the Dark Xperia Z2 ROM Package for Xperia C.
- Once downloaded, connect your smartphone to the computer with original USB Data cable and move this zip file to your phone (remember its location).
- Now reboot the device into recovery mode. To do this, shut down the device and then press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- After entering recovery menu, wipe all the data/factory reset your phone.
- Now go to ‘install zip from SD card‘ option and select the zip file which you have moved to the device in Step 2.
- This will start the installation process which will go on for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the process is done, reboot your device normally. First booting after installing the ROM takes some time. So, keep Patience!
- And now, it’s done! Enjoy the Xperia Z2 features on your Sony Xperia C Smartphone.
Note: If you get trapped in boot-loops or get many force close errors after reboot, try to wipe all data and reinstall the ROM again. If you encounter any other problems during the process, ask here in comments.