If you are an owner of Xiaomi Mi3 Android Smartphone and would like to install MIUI ROM on your Smartphone, then follow this tutorial. In this page, you can find three different methods to install MIUI 6 ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 Android phone easily.
WARNING: Follow the given below procedure at your risk. If anything goes wrong, or if anything occurs to your device, don’t hold me liable.
- Make sure that battery level of your smartphone is 75% or above to carry out the following process. If you don’t have enough battery, then your device will get switched off in the middle of the process and resulting in bricking.
- Next, you need to take a complete backup of the backup of your smartphone data including SMS, photos, logs, and games by using appropriate apps. The best app for backing up data is Helium.
Once you have completed the two steps mentioned above, you can move on to the main procedure.
Related Tutorial: Root Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone (Build 15, 18, 19, 22, 23, 32, 34)
Rooting Tutorial Video:
Method 1: Procedure To Install MIUI 6 On Xiaomi Mi3 Android Phone:
- To get started, you need to download MIUI 6 ROM from Once downloaded, you have to connect your smartphone to the Computer via Original USB Cable.
- After that, you need to copy the downloaded ROM file and then paste it into the device SD card.
- Now, open Updater on your device and then click on the menu button to choose the Installation file. Now select the ROM package that you have transferred to the SD card in step 2 and choose Update now to start the installation process.
- Once completed, you need to choose “Reboot now” option to enter your smartphone into the new ROM.
That’s it! You have successfully installed MIUI ROM in your Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone. Alternatively, you can also follow the two methods given below to Flash MIUI 6 on your Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone.
Method 2: Procedure To Install MIUI 6 ROM In Recovery Mode:
- To begin, you need to download the MIUI 6 ROM package from here. If you have already downloaded this file, then ignore this step.
- Once downloaded, you have to rename the zip file as zip and then copy the file to the root directory of your SD Card.
- Now, enter Updater and click on Menu button and then choose “Reboot to recovery mode”. Another way to enter into the recovery menu is by switching off your smartphone and then press the Volume Up button + Power button simultaneously until it is active.
- Now, you have to select your language and then choose install zip to system one (you can use the volume button to select and power button to confirm).
- Once done, you can reboot your smartphone.
That’s it. You have successfully installed MIUI 6 on Xiaomi Mi 3. There is one more method to install the MIUI 6 ROM. It will be using the Fastboot mode on your Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone.
Method 3: Procedure To Install MIUI 6 In Fastboot Mode
- First of all, you need to download ROM Flashing Tools and Fastboot developer version on your computer.
- Now, you have to switch off your smartphone and then press the Volume down button and Power button simultaneously until Fastboot mode becomes active. Then, connect your smartphone to your Computer by using Original USB Cable.
- After downloading the two files in Step 1, you have to double-click on the zip file to decompile it. Then, open ROM Package folder (the folder where you have saved the MIUI 6) and copy its address on the computer.
- Now, install the ROM flashing tools on your computer (if there is any security prompt, please select allow).
- Then, open exe and paste the copied address (Step 3) in the address bar. Now, Click on the first button to refresh and MiFlash will automatically identify your smartphone and then click on the second button to begin the flashing process.
- Just hold for few seconds until the progress bar on MiFlash will turn into green color, which means the MIUI 6 ROM is successfully installed, and your smartphone will be automatically rebooted.
Congrats! You have successfully installed MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi Mi3 smartphone. If you have faced any problems while following this tutorial, tell me here via comments.