Samsung Galaxy Core, a middle-range smartphone was launched almost 2 years ago. This phone had an average success in the market due to its average features and performance. But, if you want to increase the performance of your device and get the latest feature on it, then you are at the right place.
MIX ROM is one of the best custom ROMs available for Galaxy Core. This ROM will not only increase the performance of your phone but also install some Galaxy S4 applications like Galaxy S4 Launcher, Weather, Screen Lock, Settings. This will also remove bloatware from the device to help you keep your RAM clean. Here, I am providing a step by step guide to install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Core. Please go through the whole guide before implementing any changes to the phone.
Disclaimer: Installing a custom ROM might damage your device permanently. I will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurs to the device. Also, this will void the warranty of device. This guide is for Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8260 only and do not try it on other models.
- Take a backup of all the necessary stuff like Contacts, SMS, APNs, etc. For taking back-ups follow these tutorials: How To Backup The SMS, MMS And Call Logs to Gmail & How To Sync The Android Contacts With Gmail Account.
- Ensure that your phone is charged at least up to 60% of its full capacity.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer, so that you can connect your device with the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device. If you are not sure how to do it, follow our guide to enabling USB Debugging Mode.
- Ensure that your phone is rooted and having a custom recovery installed on it. If not, follow our guide to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Core.
Procedure To Install MIX ROM On Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8260:
- Download the MIX ROM Package for Galaxy Core. Once done, connect your device to the computer with USB data cable and move this zip file to your phone without extracting it.
- Now, enter the recovery mode on your device. For this, switch off the phone, and then press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- Once you enter the Recovery Mode, wipe all the data and cache.
- Now, select ‘Install zip from sd card‘ option from the recovery menu. Then select the zip file, which you have transferred to the SD card in Step 1.
- This will start the flashing process. This might take 5-10 minutes.
- After flashing process is completed, you will be at recovery menu again. Now, reboot the device normally.
- First time booting might take some time. So, keep patience.
- Hurray! You have successfully installed the MIX ROM on your Galaxy Core. Now, enjoy the new features.
Note: If you get trapped in bootloops or you get many Force Close Errors after start-up, then wipe all the data again. If this doesn’t help, try to reinstall the ROM. If you encounter any problems during the installation, feel free to ask here.