LG G2 is a high-end Android smartphone powered by a 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, with 2GB of RAM. The IPS display of the G2 comes in at 5.2 inches with a 1080p resolution. It also comes with 16GB/32GB of internal storage, but external SD card cannot be mounted on it. The device gives a great performance with its great specifications. But, if you may want to add some more features to it, then Optimus G3 ROM is for you.
After installing Optimus G3 ROM, you will be getting a lot of new features along with some features of LG G3 device. Here, I am going to give a simple step by step procedure to install Optimus G3 ROM on LG G2. Please go through the whole guide before implementing any changes.
- Based On New LG D802 20G Firmware,
- Aroma Installer,
- Split View,
- Hide NavBar,
- New lock screen with 13 unlock effects,
- Removed bloatware and useless apps,
- New boot animation and sound,
- New ringtones,
- New shutdown animation.
Disclaimer: Installing a custom ROM to your phone will void it’s warranty. If anything goes wrong during the process, you may end up with a bricked device. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage occurs to your phone. Use this guide for LG G2 only.
- Take a backup of necessary data such as Contacts, APNs, EFS folder, etc. Follow these two guides to take backup: How To Backup The SMS, MMS And Call Logs to Gmail & How To Sync The Android Contacts With Gmail Account.
- Charge your device up to 70% of its full capacity.
- Your LG G2 must be rooted. If not, you can follow our tutorial to root LG G2.
- Install a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) on your device with the help of Odin.
Procedure Install Optimus G3 ROM On LG G2:
- Download the Optimus G3 ROM Package for LG G2 from here.
- Move this zip file to the SD card of your device and do not extract it.
- Now, enter into the recovery mode. To do so, power off the device. Then, press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you enter the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, wipe all the data/factory reset.
- Then click on ‘install zip from SD card‘ and further select the zip file that you have placed in your device’s internal memory in Step 2.
- This will start the installation process, and it will take some time, approximately 10 minutes.
- After completing the installation process, you will be redirected to the recovery menu. Reboot your phone normally from there.
- First booting after installing a ROM always takes more time. Keep Patience!
- Hurray! You are done. Now enjoy the newly installed features with the great performance of LG G2.
Note: If your device doesn’t reboot or you get many force close errors after reboot, then go to recovery menu and wipe all the data again. If this doesn’t help, try to reinstall the ROM. If you encounter any other problems during installation, ask here.