Samsung, a giant smartphone manufacturer, recently launched its new flagship Galaxy Note 4 with amazing features and specifications. Talking about Samsung Galaxy Note 2, it has good specs and features, but they seems outdated compared to Note 4. Note 2 is powered by 1.60GHz Exynos 4412 processor and 2 GB RAM and gives a decent performance but if you want to improve its performance and get some latest features on it, then check out this tutorial.
Android has a benefit over other operating systems: allowing users to get root privileges. By rooting, you gain the root access so that you can make a lot of favorable changes to your device. One of these favorable changes is installing a custom ROM on your device. I have a great custom ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The SlimWiz Color ROM is one of the best ROMs available for Galaxy Note 2, which installs the features of Galaxy S5 as well as Galaxy Note 3 on your device. It also adds some more functions to change theme and colors.
Here, I am giving a simple step by step guide to install this ROM on your phone. Follow the guide and get amazing features on your Galaxy Note 2. Go through the whole guide carefully before implementing any changes to the device.
Disclaimer: Installing a custom ROM will void your warranty. If anything goes wrong during the process, your device may damage permanently. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage happens to your device. Use this guide for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 only and not for other devices.
- Charge your phone at least up to 60% of its full capacity.
- Take a backup of all the necessary stuff like contacts, APNs, EFS folder, etc. Follow these guides for taking backup: How To Backup The SMS, MMS And Call Logs to Gmail & How To Sync The Android Contacts With Gmail Account.
- Your phone must be rooted to install a custom ROM to it. If you don’t know how to do it, follow our guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- You must have installed a custom recovery on your device. If not, you can get it from here and flash it to your device with the help of Odin.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode. If you don’t know how to do it, follow our guide to enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that the USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 2 is installed on your computer, so that you can connect your device with it.
Procedure Install SlimWiz Color ROM On Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Get the SlimWiz Color ROM package for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from here. Once done, connect your device to the computer and move the zip file to the SD card of your phone. Do not extract the zip file.
- Now, switch off the device and reboot into the Recovery Mode. For this, press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons simultaneously for some time. This will launch the custom recovery, which you have installed on your device and it will assist you to install custom ROM on the device.
- In recovery mode, wipe all the data/factory reset the phone. Wipe Dalvik Cache also from Advanced Menu.
- Now, go to ‘Install zip file from sdcard‘ using volume buttons and select it using Power button. Then, select the zip file you have moved to the SD card in step 1.
- This will start the installation process that will further continue for 10 minutes approximately.
- Once you are done with the installation, reboot the device normally. First time booting might take some time. Keep Patience!
- Hurray! You are finished installing SlimWiz ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now enjoy the amazing features of Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 along with some theme options on your Galaxy Note 2.
Note: If you get many force close errors after the reboot or if the device is not rebooting, then try to wipe all the data again and reinstall the ROM. If you encounter any problems during installation, feel free ask here in comments.