Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a good middle-class smartphone with a large 5.25 inch screen, 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and 1.5 GB RAM. The phone delivers a very good performance, but if you wish to get better performance or more battery backup, then this post is for you. Here, I have given a working tutorial to install Vandroid ROM on your Samsung device which will improve its performance.
What Is Vandroid ROM
Vandroid ROM is one of the best ROMs available for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Installing this ROM will change the theme of your device, will remove the bloatware and many more things to increase the performance and battery backup.
- Flashable Zip
- New launched with 2 themes
- Many online themes
- Busybox installed
- Battery tweaks
- RAM tweaks
- Samsung bloatware removed
- New system UI.
Disclaimer: Installing a custom ROM will void the warranty of the device. If anything goes wrong during the process, then you may end up with a bricked device. If anything happens, don’t held me responsible. This ROM is for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 only. Do not try to install it on other models.
- Ensure that your phone is charged at least 60%.
- Take a backup of important stuff such as Contact, APNs, SMS and very important EFS folder, etc. If you don’t know how to backup EFS folder, download Samsung tool, install it on your smartphone and follow the on-screen instructions to take backup.
- Your phone must be rooted to install a custom ROM. If you don’t know how to do it, follow this tutorial to root Galaxy Grand 2.
- Download Samsung USB drivers for your smartphone and install it on the computer.
- Install a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
Tutorial To Install VANDROID ROM On Samsung Galaxy Grand 2:
- First of all, download the Vandroid ROM package for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 to the computer. Next, connect your device to the computer and copy the ROM package to the SD card. Do not extract it.
- Now, enter into the recovery mode. For this, switch off your phone and then press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons simultaneously until you enter the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, Wipe all data and then wipe Dalvik cache.
- Now, select ‘install zip from SD card’ and select the download ROM package. This will start the installation process.
- After installing, reboot the device normally. First booting will take some time. Keep patience.
- It’s done! You have successfully installed the Vandroid ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2.
Note: If you get trapped in bootloops or encounter many force close errors, then wipe all the data again. If it does not solve the problem, then try to reinstall the ROM.
By following the above procedure, you can install Vandroid ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 easily. If you encounter any problems during the installation, feel free to ask here.