If you are using LG G2 D800/D802/D803/VS980/LS980 Android phones and would like to root any of these devices, then follow this simple tutorial. By following rooting procedure, you will be able to root your device that will help for installing Custom ROM and installing rooted apps. Also by rooting your device, you can overclock the processor for good battery life or get better performance from your device.
WARNING: Proceed with the tutorial given below at your own will. I should not be held responsible for any damage happens to your phone while following this procedure.
Prerequisites To Root LG G2 Smartphone:
- Before working out this procedure, you need to download LG USB Driver and install it on that computer, so that your computer can easily identify your Smartphone.
- Make sure that battery backup of your device should be good to carry out the rooting process. If it battery level is less, get it fully charged and then follow this tutorial.
- You have to take backup of personal data in your smartphone. If by following the rooting process you lose your device data, you can use the backup and get it restored later.
- Next, you have to navigate to Settings -> General -> About phone -> Software Information on your LG G2 smartphone and tap it on Build number option to enable Developer options. You can also do this by following our tutorial to enable USB Debugging.
- Then, you have to enable USB Debugging mode that will be under the developer options. To do this, go to Settings -> General -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (tick on the box).
Once you have done all the above instructions, you can proceed to the main tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root LG G2 (All Variants) Android Phone:
- To begin, you have to connect your device to the computer by using Original USB Cable and let the ADB drivers install on the computer.
- Next, you have to download Root tool and extract it to a folder on your Computer.
- Once done, double-click on the bat file and you will see a command prompt. If a message gets displayed in the Window asking you to unplug your device, you have to do it.
- Next, Switch USB Debugging mode off and then switch it back on. Now, connect your device to the computer again.
- Now, hit enter on the command prompt and then wait for some time. The rooting process will be carried out by the tool.
- Once the rooting process is over, you can find the “Superuser” app on your smartphone.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your LG G2 smartphone. If you have any issues while following this tutorial, do let me know by using the comments section below.