If you are using Nexus (Nexus 4 or Nexus 5 or Nexus 7 or Nexus 9 or Nexus 10) device which is running on Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware and would like to root it, then you can do it with the help of Chain Fire Auto Root Tool. In this page, you can find the simple instruction to root Nexus devices by using CF Root Tool Effortlessly.
“WARNING: Rooting will void the warranty of your device. Follow the given below procedure at your own risk. We should not be held liable/responsible for any damage occurs to device while following this tutorial.
- Make sure that battery backup of your device should be above 75% or more, so that you will never face any power issues while carry out the following process.
- Next, you have to create a backup of all necessary data’s on your Nexus device by using appropriate apps.
- Make sure that your smartphone bootloader is unlocked. If it is not, then you need to unlock it before proceeding to the main procedure.
- Also ensure that ADB and Fastbool tools are installed on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device by following this tutorial.
Once you have finished all above prerequisites, then you can move on the main rooting procedure.
Tutorial To Root Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, Nexus 10 On Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Before proceeding, you need to download ChainFire Root Tool for Nexus 5, Nexus 9, Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) which are running on Android 5.0 Lollipop Operating system. Once download extract the CF Root tool (based on your device) and save the files in a folder.
- Now you have to boot your device into the fastboot mode. To do that, you need to switch off your device and press Volume Up button + Power button + Volume down button at the same time until it is active. Once done, connect your device to the computer using the USB Debugging mode.
- Now open the folder (Step 1) and run the “root-windows” executable file, if you are using Windows for rooting your device. If you are using Linux or Mac, then you have to use the other scripts which will come along in the CF Root Tool Package.
- For Windows, once you have clicked the “root-windows” file, it will open up a command prompt asking you to “Press Any Key To Continue”. The tool will unlock bootloader using “OEM Unlock” which will wipe all the data on your device. If you haven’t taken backup of personal data in your device, you will lose them all. So, press any keys only after taking a backup.
- Next, the CF-Auto-Root will boot which will be followed by a big red Android on your device’s screen. Now, the SuperSU will get installed in your device. Once done, your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it. You have successfully rooted your Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nexus 9, Nexus 10 devices which are running on Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware by using CF Root Tool easily. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, tell me here via comments.