Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is a top quality Android smartphone which comes with 4 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display which is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and the device runs on Android 4.4 Jelly bean operating system.
If you own this device and would like to root it to gain root privileges so that you can install rooted apps or to install Custom ROM firmware’s, then follow the tutorial given below.
In this page, you can find simple tutorial to root Galaxy S3 Mini with iRoot application. The following procedure is only for Galaxy S3 (I8200/I8200L) variants. So, don’t try it on other devices.
“WARNING: Follow the rooting procedure given below will void your device warranty. If any damage occurs to your device while you following this tutorial, don’t held us responsible. So, move on with these steps at your own will.
- First make sure that your battery percentage level of your smartphone should be at least 70% or above.
- Next, Ensure that you have backed up all the necessary data by using appropriate backup applications.
- Now, you need to download and install appropriate Samsung USB Driver on your computer.
- Next, Enable USB Debugging mode by following the path: Settings-> Developer options ->USB debugging (tick the box). If you can’t see Developer Options, then go to About Phone and tap on the build number for several times.
After finishing all above prerequisites, you can proceed to the main rooting tutorial which is given below.
Tutorial To Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Android Smartphone:
- To begin, you need to download iRoot tool (English Version) and install it on your computer.
- Now connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Data cable. Once done, open iRoot program on Windows.
- Just hold on for few seconds until the iRoot tool application detects your device. Once your device is identified, click Next in iRoot tool to begin the rooting process and it will take around 4-5 minutes to get completed.
- Once done, your smartphone will automatically reboot. Upon rebooting, look for SuperSU application in your device. If it is in there (it will be there), your smartphone is rooted successfully.
- Congrats! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini device. Also, you can confirm whether the rooting process in your Galaxy S3 smartphone is successful or not, by just downloading the Root Checker application on your device and running it.
If you have any doubts while following this tutorial, let me know via comments.