Sony Xperia C is one of the best Android smartphones in the market. It comes with 5 inch TFT capacitive touchscreen powered display, Cortex-A7 1.2 Ghz quad-core processor supported by 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system. The device also has a 8 mega pixel primary camera that can pictures and video in HD. All in all if you are looking for a smartphone in a smart budget, Sony Xperia C will be the best bet.
If you own this device and would like to root it for gaining root privileges (which will help you install Android apps which only supports rooted devices. Also you can install custom Android ROM’s when your device is rooted), then you check out our tutorial given below:
But, if you don’t have a computer and if you still want to root your device, then you are in the right place. Here, I have given an easy tutorial to root Sony Xperia C smartphones using Framaroot .apk file without the need of a PC.
CAUTION: Rooting your Sony device will void it’s warranty and you won’t be able to claim it, if your device encounters processor or display issues. So think well before following this procedure.
Prerequisites To Root Sony Xperia C:
1) The rooting process that I have given here is not a data-loss process. So, there is absolutely no need to take backup of personal data.
2) Since Framaroot app is not approved by Google, you have to download and install it separately (the download link is given below). For that, you have to enable “Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources” by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources (mark it).
Once you have done these prerequisites, you can move on to the main rooting tutorial.
How To Root Sony Xperia C Without Computer:
1) To start the rooting process, you will need framaroot. You can get the apk file here. Download it to your smartphone and once the download gets completed, tap on the .apk file to get it installed.
2) Once installed, open up the “Framaroot” app and click on the first option which would be “Boromir“. The rooting process will begin.
3) Once the rooting gets completed, you will get a One Note pop up stating “Super SU Binary Installed.” Tap “Ok“.
4) Now to finish, restart your device.
That’s it. Now you have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia C smartphone without a computer. If you have any doubts regarding this tutorial, drop in a comment below.