Sony Xperia M is one of the popular Android smartphones released last year. This phone has got a good and satisfying hardware such as 1 GHz dual-core processor, 4-inch display, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB of internal storage and 5 MP camera. One might be very happy with these specs, but if you want some more out of your device, then you must have to root your device. Rooting your device allows you to play a lot of stuff with it such as you can overclock/underlock the processor, access root files, install a custom ROM, etc.
Here, I am giving this very simple step by step tutorial on how to root Sony Xperia M. Please read the whole article before implementing any changes to the device.
Disclaimer: Rooting your device will void it’s warranty. Rooting is a risky process and may damage your device permanently if anything goes wrong during the process. I will not be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. Also, this tutorial is for Sony Xperia M C1904/1905 and do not try it on other devices.
- Take a backup of all the necessary stuff such as Contacts, SMS, APNs, etc.
- Keep your device charged at least up to 70%.
- Install USB drivers oF Sony Xperia M on your computer.
Procedure To Root Sony Xperia M:
- Download the Rootkit which you will need to root your Xperia M.
- Now, connect the device to computer.
- Extract the Rootkit and copy the ‘.apk.’ file in to the external SD card of your device.
- Disconnect the device.
- Now, install the ‘.apk’ file that you have placed on your device.
- From the app drawer, lauch the app you have just installed.
- Choose ‘GANDALK exploit’ option and follow the instructions given on-screen. At the end of the instructions, rooting process will start.
- After completing the process, reboot your device.
- Congrats! You have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia M.
- You can verify whether your phone is rooted or not with the help of ‘Root Checker‘ app which is available on the Playstore.
If you encounter any problems during the rooting process, feel free to ask here.