If you are an owner of Galaxy S3 Mini Smartphone and would like to update your device with the newly released Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware, then follow this tutorial. Samsung won’t be rolling out the Lollipop 5.0 Android to most of the devices, and Kitkat 4.4 Firmware will be the final Update.
But with the help of AOSP ROM you will be able to update the Android firmware of your S3 Mini device. Here, I have given the step by step procedure to update latest Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware by using ASOP ROM on your Galaxy S3 Mini device effortlessly.
WARNING: Follow the updating procedure given here at your own risk. The procedure will void the warranty of your device. If anything goes wrong, don’t held me liable.
- Before Updating your device, charge your Galaxy S3 Smartphone up to 70% so that your device never gets switched off during the updating process. If it does, there is a chance that your device might get bricked.
- Next, you have to take a complete backup of all personal data’s in your smartphone by using appropriate apps. To backup APN settings, just follow the path: Application -> Settings -> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names.
- Now, check all the drivers and ADB is installed in your PC. If not download Samsung USB drivers and install it on your computer.
- Then, Enable USB Debugging mode on your device by visiting Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging (Tick the box) to enable it.
- Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 On Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Tutorial To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini With Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware
- Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8200 Android Phone
Procedure To Update Galaxy S3 Mini With Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware:
- First of all, download Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware and Google Apps Package to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer by using original USB Cable.
- Now, copy the downloaded zip files on your smartphone and then disconnect your device from the computer.
- Now, Switch off your smartphone and then boot your device into the recovery mode. To boot into recovery mode, press and hold the Volume Up button, Home key button, and the power button at the same time until it becomes active.
- Alternatively, you can boot into recovery mode with the help of “ROM Manager” app.
- In recovery mode, you have to choose “Install zip from SD card” option and then select the zip file of Firmware package that you have placed in your device (Step 2). Once done, go back and install the Google Apps package using the same procedure. It will take around 3-4 minutes to apply the update process.
- When your device is updated, you have to select “Go back” and then choose “reboot system now”.
- Since this will be the first boot after installing a new ROM, your device will take a bit long to boot. So be patient.
- Upon booting, you check whether the Lollipop 5.0 Android update was successful on your device, by following path “Settings -> About Phone” and see the current firmware version.
Note: If your smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you have to switch off your Galaxy S3 smartphone and then repeat the update process from the start. You can remove the battery from your device battery or long press the power button to switch off your smartphone.
Congrats! You have successfully upgraded your smartphone with the latest Android firmware. If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, tell me here via comments.