Gionee M2 is a great Android Smartphone, which comes with a 1.3 GHz processor supported by 1 GB RAM, a powerful 5.0-inch display and it runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware. If you own this Smartphone and want to update it with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, then follow the step-by-step procedure given below.
The following tutorial is only for Gionee Marathon M2 users who would like to install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS on their smartphones. So, don’t try it on any other device.
WARNING: Following this tutorial will void your Gionee Smartphone warranty. Also, if any issue arises by following this procedure, don’t held us responsible. Proceed with the following tutorial at your own risk.
Prerequisites To Update Gionee M2 With Android 4.4.2:
- The first thing you have to do before updating your Gionee device is to download and install the Android Driver on your computer so that you can connect the Gionee Smartphone to it.
- Next, you have to download SP Flash Tool and save it in your computer. Also download Firmware for 4 GB model or Firmware for 8 GB Model based on your device and save it in the computer.
- Next, keep your battery level above 70% and take the back-up of all your personal data’s in the smartphone using appropriate apps. Having a backup, will help to restore your all personal data’s after the updating process is completed.
When you have done all these above procedures, you can proceed to the following tutorial.
Tutorial To Update Gionee Marathon M2 With Android 4.4.2 Kitkat:
- To begin, Unzip the downloaded firmware files and SP Flash tool file, by using software such as WinRAR or WinZip.
- Next, Open the “Flash Tool” executable application from the extracted files and then select the Scatter-loading option and choose the “MT6592_Android_Scatter” which you will find the extracted firmware folder.
- Now, you connect your Gionee M2 Smartphone with the Computer by using USB cable and then switch it on. After doing this, then you can click on the Firmware-Upgrade option.
- The upgrade process will get started and you can the process completion status bar. When the bar reaches 100%, your will see a green circle in the SP Flash tool window with the message “Firmware Upgraded.”
- Now, you can disconnect your Smartphone from the computer. Your device will automatically restart. If not, restart your device manually.
- That’s it! Now, you successfully updated your Gionee M2 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, then do let me know by using the comments section below.