Motorola Moto X (2014) is a quality Android smartphone that comes with AMOLED capacitive Touchscreen protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which is powered by a 2.5 GHz Quad Core processor. The device runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat Operating system.
If you are a user of Moto X (2014) and would like to upgrade it to Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware, then follow the given below instructions. Here, I have given the step by step procedure to upgrade your Moto X Smartphone with latest Lollipop 5.0 firmware easily.
Disclaimer: We should not be liable for any damages happen to your device while you following this tutorial. The following procedure will void your Moto X device warranty. Do everything at your own will.
- First of all, you need to take backup of all the personal data’s on your smartphone by using appropriate apps. You can do it following these tutorials: How To Backup The SMS, MMS And Call Logs to Gmail & How To Sync The Android Contacts With Gmail Account.
- Next, make sure that your Smartphone battery backup is above 70% to carry out the following procedure.
- Then, you have to enable USB debugging mode on your Moto X Smartphone. To enable this, Navigate to Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap it on for 6-7 times) to enable Developer Options. Once done, go back to Developer option and enable USB Debugging by ticking the box next to it. You can also follow our tutorial to enable USB Debugging.
- Ensure that the USB drivers are properly installed in your computer. If not, download and install Motorola USB Drivers for your device on the PC.
Once you have done all above prerequisites, you can move on to the main upgrading procedure.
Tutorial To Update Motorola Moto X (2014) With Android 5.0 Lollipop:
- To begin, you have to download Android Lollipop 5.0 Package to your Computer. After downloading is finished, you need to connect your Moto X Smartphone to the computer via USB Cable and then transfer the downloaded file to your Smartphone.
- Now, you need to disconnect your smartphone from the computer and then boot your device in the recovery mode. To do this, switch off your device, and then press and hold Volume down button, Power button and Volume up button simultaneously until it boots into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you have to scroll down to choose the “Install zip from SD card” and the select OTA update zip file that you have placed in the smartphone.
- Now, the firmware upgrade process will begin and it will take up to 4-5 minutes to get completed.
- Once done, your device will be automatically rebooted. Now you have successfully upgraded your Moto X (2014) device with Android 5.0 Lollipop Operating system.
Note: In case your device gets stuck or gets in boot loop mode, then you need to do the above procedure again.
If you encounter any issues while following this tutorial, tell me here using the comments section below.