Sony Xperia Z1 is a great Android Smartphone, which comes with 5.0 inch TFT Capacitive Touchscreen display powered by 2.2 GHz Quad-Core processor. The device runs on Android 4.2 Jelly bean Operating system. If you have this Smartphone and want to update it with Android Lollipop 5.0 Operating System, then follow the step by step procedure given below.
The following tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z1 users who would like to update their device with Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware on their Smartphone. So, don’t try this following procedure on another device
WARNING: Sometimes while following the procedure given below, your device might get bricked or it might get into some trouble. We should not be held liable for any damages occur to your device while you following this tutorial. So, proceed at your own risk.
- The update procedure given here is a data loss process. So, you have to take a backup of your personal data including Call logs, SMS, Photos, Contact, apps etc., on your Smartphone manually. To backup APN settings, just follow the path: “Application->Settings->Wireless and Network->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names”.
- Next, ensure that battery backup of your device is above 50% charge it fully to carry out the upgrading procedure.
- Then, you need to enable USB debugging on your Smartphone. To do this, follow our Tutorial To Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that all the drivers are properly of your smartphone are installed on your PC and also ensure that the ADB is installed in your PC. If you haven’t installed the USB drivers, download it from here and install.
- Next, ensure that the boot loader of your Xperia Z1 is unlocked, so that you can carry out the following procedure.
Once you have done all above instructions, then you can proceed to the main upgrading tutorial.
Tutorial To Update Sony Xperia Z1 With Android 5.0 L Firmware:
- To get started, you have to download Lollipop AOSP 5.0 Package and adb_fastboot_files and extract it on your computer.
- Next, you have to boot your Smartphone into the fastboot mode. To do this, you need to switch off your device and then press Volume up button and then hold volume up button. Once your device enters in the fastboot mode the LED light will turn into blue color.
- Once done, connect your Smartphone to the Computer via original USB cable. Then, you need to navigate to the fastboot files folder (which you have already extracted into a folder in your computer at step 1) and then press “shift key + Right click” to choose the “Open Command Prompt Window”.
- After entering into the Command prompt, you need to type the following commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
- After flashing all the above files, you have to reboot your device by using the bellow -given command.
- Now be patient, since the process will take 4-5 minutes for installing the firmware and initializing the apps in your device.
- Congrats! You have successfully upgraded your Sony Xperia Z1 with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware now.
If you encounter any problems while following this tutorial, do let me know by dropping comments below.