If you are a user of Samsung Galaxy S Duos Smartphone and would like to upgrade it firmware version, then you can try this tutorial. In this tutorial, I have given simple step by step procedure to install the PMP U-Ex ROM V2.5 on your Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 device.
Disclaimer: If anything goes wrong or any damage occurs to your Smartphone while following this tutorial, you should not hold me responsible/liable. Please, go on at your own risk and follow the instructions carefully. Also, this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S Duos GT-S7562 Smartphone; don’t try it on any other devices.
- Before trying this procedure, make sure that you have rooted your Galaxy S Duos smartphone and also installed CWM on your device.
- Then, you have to take a complete backup of all necessary data’s including SMS, logs, photos, and contacts on your smartphone by either using Samsung Kies or by using Helium app.
- Next, ensure that your device battery backup is above 70-80% to carry out the following process so that your device never gets switched off during the installation process.
- Also ensure that you have installed Samsung USB Drivers in your computer so that you can connect your smartphone with it.
- And finally, enable USB debugging mode in your device.
Once you have completed all the above step, proceed to the main installation procedure that is given below.
Tutorial To Flash PMP U-Ex ROM V2.5 On Samsung Galaxy S Duos:
- First ensure that your is device based on S7562DDBMD1 base ROM as the PMP U-EX ROM can be flashed only on this baseband. You can try this procedure on baseband “DDBMJ1” and “DDBMG”, but I can’t say for sure that it will work.
- Next, you need to download PMP U-Ex ROM (all three parts) and Video Player Fix to your computer. Once download, place the all three parts of ROM in one folder and use Hj-Split to join them into single ROM file.
- Next, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB data cable.
- Now, just copy the “PMP_U-Ex_GT-S7562.zip”, “PMP_U-Ex250_Update-Package.zip”, and “VideoPlayerFix_MX_PMPUEX.zip” to your device’s external SD card.
- Once done, switch off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Up button + power button + Home button at the same until you boot into the CWM Recovery mode.
- In CWM mode, you need to perform wipe data cache, dalvik cache and also battery stats. Once done, choose “Install Zip from SD Card” and choose the ROM package that you have transferred to your device (Step 4). The ROM installation will begin, and it will get completed within few minutes.
- Now, reboot your Galaxy S Duos smartphone and boot normally. Since this will be the first boot after installing a new ROM, it will take some time. Be patient.
- Once you device boots normally, again switch it off and boot your device into CWM Recovery mode. Now follow the same procedure as in Step 6 and install “VideoPlayer_MX_PMPUEX.zip”. Once done, reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully installed PMP U-Ex ROM V2.5 on your smartphone. If you already have installed the previous version of this ROM and want to upgrade it to the latest version of PM U-Ex ROM V2.5, then follow the below procedure.
Procedure For Updating PMP U-Ex ROM V2.0 To New Version PMP U-Ex ROM V2.5:
- First make sure that you have installed PMP U-Ex ROM V2.0.
- Next, download PMP U-Ex ROM V2.5.0 Update package from here to your computer.
- Once downloading is finished, connect your device to the computer and just copy the downloaded file to your device SD card.
- Now, you have to boot your device into ClockworkMod recovery by pressing Volume Up + Home button + Power Button simultaneously until it is active.
- After that, you have to do wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Now, choose “Install Zip from SD Card and select the PMP U-Ex ROM update package from device’s external SD card. The update process will begin.
- Once the update process is over, reboot your device and it will take up the time to boot (first boot after ROM installation will always take time).
- That’s it. Now you can enjoy the latest version of PMP ROM V2.5 on your Galaxy S Duos Smartphone.
If you have any doubts or any queries regarding this tutorial, do let me know via comments.